• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    I've not carried this .45" more for one/car defense. Ow ever I have a opportunity to run a gun course this weekend and need a OWB or similar type of easy draw, leather or kydex holster and mag older x2.

Can anyone recommend a holster/system for the G21 and most important a store or shop where I can walk-in and get one in central Indiana/Indianapolis tomorrow (Friday). Somewhere with a decent selection?

Appreciate the help and advice.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    If that doesn't work, Glock makes their very simple Sport/Combat holster. Should be around $12-$15 or so. Safariland makes good stuff so you should be set. Let us know how it all pans out and maybe even give us a product review if you have the time.

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    I've been practicing and I am not crazy about the thumb release. It simply does not allow me to draw every time and when it does, it's more of a yanking the gun backwards than a smooth pull up.

Are there settings? Could this be a tension issue I wonder?

BiscuitNaBasket

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.6%
    73   1   0
    Dec 27, 2011
    Greenwood
    If that doesn't work, Glock makes their very simple Sport/Combat holster. Should be around $12-$15 or so. Safariland makes good stuff so you should be set. Let us know how it all pans out and maybe even give us a product review if you have the time.

This. Also get a real gun belt and it'll do wonders for the size and weight of the Glock 21.

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    Ok, used this Safariland "concealment" holster and trust me, concealment is the one thing it is not designed for. It sits too low and is far to bulky with a G21 but in fairness most OWB holsters will not conceal a 21 very well.

Ok, so I ran the course Joe Bells place (Bell Precision Rifles) I think my evaluation of my performance would be somewhere around cannon fodder, but we all have our uses! Steel plates, running through the woods (yes, I'm out of shape and almost died like 6 times). In any event, remember how I had mentioned when practicing yesterday it felt as if I was yanking the gun back while thumbing the release, same problem. The gun does not come out smoothly "every time" more of a yank back. And best of all, at some point during my second run, the holster ripped off my front sight!! It felt like it was catching on something every time I pulled it out. BTW, Joe said suck it up, deal and get on with it or something kinder, but I was lost and died a miserable death because I could not adjust without my front sight.

Holster is not very good for anything really. Would not recommend.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    I bought a Galco "Cop" three-slot pancake style holster for my G21. Works great, either cross-draw or strong-side. One note though, you SHOULD follow their instructions for breaking it in. Wrapping the gun in wax paper and working it in and out of the holster did wonders for the break-in period.

DustyDawg48

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 11, 2010
    Mount Vernon
    The Sport/Combat holster can probably be found through Midway USA or most guns shops locally.

If you really do want a quality holster for the G21, I cannot give a higher recommendation for a holster than I do for the Raven Phantom holster. They aren't a 'competition' holster like many OWB holsters are, but I've used mine for IDPA and my G21 for several years and I don't think I'm any the worse because of it. I like using it because it is also my EDC holster in addition to my IDPA holster. They have the G21 Phantom on their Quick Ship list and you could have one in probably less than 2 weeks. They are well worth the wait and well worth the price.

Thanks for the info on the Safariland; I'll be sure to steer very clear of that one if I ever get the desire to look outside of the Phantom.

RedThunder

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 13, 2013
    Indy-North
    The Sport/Combat holster can probably be found through Midway USA or most guns shops locally.

If you really do want a quality holster for the G21, I cannot give a higher recommendation for a holster than I do for the Raven Phantom holster. They aren't a 'competition' holster like many OWB holsters are, but I've used mine for IDPA and my G21 for several years and I don't think I'm any the worse because of it. I like using it because it is also my EDC holster in addition to my IDPA holster. They have the G21 Phantom on their Quick Ship list and you could have one in probably less than 2 weeks. They are well worth the wait and well worth the price.

Thanks for the info on the Safariland; I'll be sure to steer very clear of that one if I ever get the desire to look outside of the Phantom.

That is a nice looking Raven holster, may need to consider that one. Looks like it holds the gun tight against the body. I have a Galco Jac Slide holster for my 3.5" Para 12-45 I really like for that reason. great for cc, terrible for re-holstering.

pagunnut72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 21, 2013
    I bought one recently from HolsterWorx. They're in Duncansville, PA. They do fabulous work. It took me 2 weeks to have a custom made, form fitted leather holster shipped to me from the time I talked to them on the phone. I found their stuff on Facebook. There is a picture of a Glock IWB holster on their page. Mine looks identical except everything is black and they engraved my initials in it for me.:yesway: Just search for HolsterWorx on Facebook. I believe all of their contact info is on there.

Top Bottom