Need a new travel bag for 2-3 day bus trip... any suggestions?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Need something that will handle 2-3 day business trip with suit, dress shirts, etc.

5.11 makes a roller carry on that may fit the bill.

Will be flying commercial.

Any suggestions from the INGO road warrior folks?

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield
    Wow, I thought bus trip was like, bus trip! Bag or no, don't go! If you have the means, Pelican makes good stuff, Vertx also came out with a garment bag that looks pretty decent as well!

padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    Wow, I thought bus trip was like, bus trip! Bag or no, don't go! If you have the means, Pelican makes good stuff, Vertx also came out with a garment bag that looks pretty decent as well!

Yea... not taking greyhound this time... Already have 2 Pelican 1610's w/ wheels but they are heavy and I'm getting old...:fogey:

Need to go... gotta pay the bills...

It's what I'll probably end up using.

KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    Not the luggage you are looking for but my favorite travel accessory is the Maxpedition Tactical Travel Tray.

1805k_detail.jpg

bacon#1

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Outside The Matrix
    I'm not a road warrior by any means. I use my cheapo Walmart $50 special about 6-8 times a year. I bought it 16 years ago. Mostly driving, doesn't get the airport beating but a few times a year.

mammynun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 30, 2009
    New Albany
    Need something that will handle 2-3 day business trip with suit, dress shirts, etc.

5.11 makes a roller carry on that may fit the bill.

Will be flying commercial.

Any suggestions from the INGO road warrior folks?

I travel almost weekly and have for over 10 years. I had a 5.11 SOMS 2 for for almost 3 years till the baggage handlers at PHL managed to shave BIG flat spots in both of the wheels. 5.11 was no help with replacement wheels. The suitcase (actually a rolling duffel) was still in good shape till then having only lost corner bumpers; it lasted longer than the Swiss/Victorinox I had before it (zippers started failing after a year or so). My current luggage is Briggs & Riley Medium Upright Duffle, UWD127, Baseline, Duffle Bags | Briggs & Riley Official Site that's about 4 yrs old and looks new. All of these are too big to carry on, but the 5.11 and (especially) the Briggs & Riley are well built, the Victorinox was slightly better than a $50 WalMart special... If you only plan to use it once or twice you can probably get by with about anything.

Not the luggage you are looking for but my favorite travel accessory is the Maxpedition Tactical Travel Tray.

1805k_detail.jpg

I have the black version of this, and I used to love it but the color made it difficult to see my multitool and flashlight that are kept in black pouches. While looking for a new toiletry bag, I found these and I like them better (bright yellow makes things easy to find): Travel Tray Large Valet for Keys & Wallets by Red Oxx Mfg.. Beats the hell out of an inverted ball cap!

In fact, if I were looking for a non-rolling carry-on I would give one of these a hard look: Airline Carry-on Luggage by Red Oxx Mfg. Home of the Air Boss.

They also make gun cases...

Top Bottom