• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HomeGrownNUgly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Portage In
    When my wife started shooting over 2 years ago I bought her a cheap nylon Blackhawk range bag. Something to do the job. She is now a member of the Well armed woman club and is shooting a lot more. She has been to Cabelas and Bass Pro and our local gun shop Blythes looking for a bag but no luck. Her main wish is that the bottom of the bag is sturdy and doesn't collapse when she takes out the ammo and safety gear. Any help or ideals would be a great help to her. Thank you.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    In my squad last weekend at an IDPA match there were at least 5 Midway bags. And that was just one squad. No telling how many were in the other squads.

I have one and I like it okay. The main reason I like it is because they had them on sale and the price was right. I don't expect it to hold up forever and I am careful with my stuff. If this one craps out in a couple seasons, hopefully by then I can buy a higher end bag, but for now it works well.

The bottom of my bag stays in place pretty good. The carry straps appear to go from one side to the other passing underneath the bag. I have the compact and have put three pistols, ears, eyes, ammo, mags, brass bag and a few other small items and not only does it all fit, but it carries well.

Edit: I have one similar to the one posted above, but the compact version. I paid $29.99. He got it in while I was typing this novel here.:)

derrickgoins

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Oct 23, 2009
    Westfield
    Another vote for the Midway compact bag. I also have a LAPG Bug Out Bag that I really like to just throw in the trunk for short range trips.

HomeGrownNUgly

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 18, 2013
    Portage In
    Thanks guys for your help. I'll let her see this and will let you know what she thinks. Sounds like midway is the way to go. I prefer a canvas bag myself though. Too many choices.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    My wife picked out a Vertx Range Bag at the NRA show. Bought it at the end of the last day for $100 plus they gave me a really nice CRKT knife. She joined the Well Armed Woman as well. She also bought herself a new gun. Must be nice to have an understanding husband and no budget.

Vertx : A-Range Bag

The Well Armed Woman has some pretty nice looking stuff on their website as well. I think they are a little high priced but if the ladies want to spend their hard earned cash who am I to stand in the way?

Edit: For the record I use an old gym bag that I stole from father-in-law. He got it from his former employer as a gift.

Big Guy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 25, 2014
    Greenwood
    Check out Amazon, they've got hundreds of range bags from most distributors at great prices. Some even have free shipping to your door. I bought my wife an embroidered Colt range bag, and my son a Smith & Wesson bag, and they both love them.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    I use a 4 pistol Glock range bag:

Amazon.com : Glock OEM Range Bag (Four Pistol) : Hard Pistol Cases : Sports & Outdoors

Been using it for about 9 months now and it's been solid. I've put 4 pistols in it, along with ammo, ears, eyes and various other things with no problems. Most times I go to the range I see others with this bag as well and everyone I've asked likes it. A little more than some of the others mentioned, but it's good sized if you want to carry 2 or 4 pistols.

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    I use a 4 pistol Glock range bag:

Amazon.com : Glock OEM Range Bag (Four Pistol) : Hard Pistol Cases : Sports & Outdoors

Been using it for about 9 months now and it's been solid. I've put 4 pistols in it, along with ammo, ears, eyes and various other things with no problems. Most times I go to the range I see others with this bag as well and everyone I've asked likes it. A little more than some of the others mentioned, but it's good sized if you want to carry 2 or 4 pistols.

But what would happen if I put my Springfield, my Ruger and my 2 S&W's in it?:)

Top Bottom