• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    I had some good luck asking for suggestions on where to buy a tool box, so I figured I'd try the same with a mattress.

I'm looking at a Simmons Beautyrest mattress and need an inexpensive place to buy it. I looked online and even with free shipping it isn't that much cheaper than locally. Does anyone have suggestions on an inexpensive store?

Thanks.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I can't help you on your simmons mattress. But just hear me out.

You know those $1,500+ memory foam temperpedics? I found that Meijers has an imitation memory foam mattress for about $250 (when I bought one).

It's not as dense as the original, but it is very very comfortable and for the price I figured I could chop it up for other things if I didn't like it. But I like it just fine.

Check them out if you're open to something other than your simmons.

Tactical Dave

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    Plainfield
    I had some good luck asking for suggestions on where to buy a tool box, so I figured I'd try the same with a mattress.

I'm looking at a Simmons Beautyrest mattress and need an inexpensive place to buy it. I looked online and even with free shipping it isn't that much cheaper than locally. Does anyone have suggestions on an inexpensive store?

Thanks.

I heard Don's or Don's guns has or had a Mattress store haha.

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Value City Furniture has mattresses. We bought a Sleep Number from the Castleton mall, because the wife is a Nurse we got 35% off!

Value City gun has "NO GUNS" signage on their front door.

I left a card: No Guns=No $$$$$!

Last edited:

JBusch8899

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    Recently, during furniture shopping that included a mattress, found the best prices that sold a variety of new furniture.
    Long's Furniture with a store in Amity, and I believe another in Nashville, has a very good selection of much of the same furniture sold as Ashley Furniture; with one caveat: The prices were 10% less expensive.

Long's also has just mattress stores in Southport and Castelton. While I wasn't at either location for that, I can't imagine the prices being a cent different.

Long's Furniture World - Mattresses, Home & Office Furniture, Indianapolis, IN

Last edited:

HandK

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 14, 2009
    Way Up North!!
    I bought mine at Big Lots, a little less than $500.00 for pillow top queen with box springs!! the same one at a leading mattress shop was over $1200.00 bucks so give them a look!!

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    We bought our mattress from Ashley Furniture in Greenwood.

Where ever you buy, DO NOT SKIMP on your mattress. Seriously, don't skimp.

-J-

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    I can't speak on cheap as I have a $3500 REAL temperpedic. and yes there is no such thing as cheap temperpedic or imitation. my test is the warranty, if it doesn't have a 20 year warranty then:noway: I didn't really want to spend that much on a bed but I'm legally disabled because of my back and at the end of the day I'm glad I did. I still don't get the best sleep but it's light years ahead of my previous memory foam type beds.:twocents:

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    I agree 100%. I figure if I get 8 hours of sleep a night then I spend 1/3 of my life on that mattress. If I get 6 hours of sleep a night, then I spend 1/4 of my life on that mattress. I'll make sure I get a good quality mattress at the best price I can get on it.

Thanks for all of the great suggestions, please keep them coming! :yesway:

Where ever you buy, DO NOT SKIMP on your mattress. Seriously, don't skimp.

-J-

jjlaughner

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    54   0   0
    Apr 19, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Value City gun has "NO GUNS" signage on their front door.

I left a card: No Guns=No $$$$$!

I must not have seen the sign :whistle:

I use to have a Soft Sided Waterbed... I miss it! With one person it was EASY to sleep 8-10-12 hours and roll out of bed no sore. But with 2 people it wasn't comfortable even with the wave less bladder you still make waves getting in and out. Going on night 4 on our sleep number, I'm dialed in on about a 50 now. It's pretty good. Once we found out we go the 35% discount we went up a few styles and still came out spending less than the entry level sleep numbers.

EDIT: I say it was easy to sleep 8-10-12 hours, as I usually only sleep about 2-4hours most nights and have been known to do a few 30-45 naps a day and not really sleep. I'm getting better I'm getting about 4-6 hours a night with maybe an hour or so nap some evenings.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    I was sold on the sleep number until I read some reviews of them online. There were multiple complaints about black mold on the foam inside. I hadn't given mold any thought. Anytime you compress air, you're going to get moisture. If there is a leak in the air bladder, that moisture is going to your foam. There were also multiple complaints about the air pumps going out and getting refurbished ones from warranty returns. I read where 1 guy had to get 2 or 3 pumps before he finally got one that worked. He was out of a bed for better than a month waiting on a working pump.

We found a memory foam mattress supplier at the last Home Show in Indy. They were selling a brand called Natures Sleep. They were a good bit higher than what I could find them online for. Sam's has it for a little over $1200. I think this is what we will go with once we get moved into our new house. Sam's Club-Nature's Sleep? 12" Visco Mattress Set - King

Biohazard

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    central indiana
    I'll stick with a retail store.
    icon_lol.gif
    :puke:
    Does anyone have experience buying online after finding a specific make / model in a local store?

Thanks.
    icon10.gif

yesway.gif

Last edited:
    Top Bottom