• ...and so much more!
  • 2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    Well the department has yet to change their position. The town attorney was also contacted. So without going into too much more detail Guy Relford is taking the initiative to correct this policy of the Highland Police Department. So I don't know if he would like to chime in and give more details, but for now I'm going to leave it to him until there is a final decision to this situation.

Actually in an open case he probably won't.

You should probably be very quiet too, as prosecutors have tried to use INGO posts against others here.

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    From Highland web site.

Does Indiana law require me to carry my handgun on my person in a concealed or exposed manner?

Indiana law is silent on this issue; however, carrying an exposed firearm in public may be alarming to some people and create unnecessary and unwanted attention to yourself. Your right to carry a firearm may also be restricted on private property, various sporting venues, and some businesses by the owners. Be attentive for posted signs warning of restricted areas when carrying a firearm into public places. If approached by a law enforcement officer for official business purposes, it is recommended that you tell the officer in a non-threatening manner that you are in possession of a firearm and that you have a permit.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Does Indiana law require me to carry my handgun on my person in a concealed or exposed manner?

Indiana law is silent on this issue; however, carrying an exposed firearm in public may be alarming to some people and create unnecessary and unwanted attention to yourself. Your right to carry a firearm may also be restricted on private property, various sporting venues, and some businesses by the owners. Be attentive for posted signs warning of restricted areas when carrying a firearm into public places. If approached by a law enforcement officer for official business purposes, it is recommended that you tell the officer in a non-threatening manner that you are in possession of a firearm and that you have a permit.

Well that is quite misleading in many ways!

2A_Tom

Crotchety old member!
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 27, 2010
    NWI
    It is intended for sheep, as is their photo policy. Amazing this has been going on for more than 6 years and this is the first time it has come up.

The norm is to take sheep up to the cold Highland to induce wool growth to they can be dipped and shorn.

Top Bottom