• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    Sorry for no updates guys! I totally forgot about this thread especially after starting my new job.

UPDATE: FOIA request was answered. The police dept. processed my father's LTCH without a picture being taken. My father decided not to pursue it any further after that. I should be more active now so fire away any questions you have.

Bill B

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Sep 2, 2009
    RA 0 DEC 0
    Sorry for no updates guys! I totally forgot about this thread especially after starting my new job.

UPDATE: FOIA request was answered. The police dept. processed my father's LTCH without a picture being taken. My father decided not to pursue it any further after that. I should be more active now so fire away any questions you have.
    Any indications of a policy change, or just exempting your father from their requirement? What did the FOIA request show?

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    No indication of definitive policy change. The FOIA showed that they have compiled upwards of 2000 pictures along with their procedures of taking them.

cp009

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 75%
    6   2   0
    Jul 12, 2010
    NWI
    I'm under the impression that it could've been taken farther, but my father was not willing.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    This is already required is it not.
    One must have some official form of ID to show when asked.

You know....let me see your papers.

Is it? If it is, I must have purposefully ignored it in the academy. I'd never jam someone up over not having a govt ID.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    Either/or and the statute only mentions the DL, not the I.D....and only when stopped for an infraction or ordinance violation. If there’s another I.D. law out there, I have not yet seen it.

A person who knowingly or intentionally refuses to provide either the person's:

(1) name, address, and date of birth; or
    (2) driver's license, if in the person's possession;

to a law enforcement officer who has stopped the person for an infraction or ordinance violation commits a Class C misdemeanor.

Ind. Code §34-28-5-3.5

CraigAPS

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 26, 2016
    Muncie

I have seen folks get jammed up for not having ID on them.
    Just was not sure.

I'm ignorant as to whether or not there is a legal requirement. My thinking is more that it's easier to keep your identity or clear up identity theft if there is a record of your photo and name somewhere.

And,like HoughMade said, I believe you have to be doing something illegal or about to do something illegal (there must be PC) for you to be required to show ID.

Hawkeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 25, 2010
    Warsaw
    Either/or and the statute only mentions the DL, not the I.D....and only when stopped for an infraction or ordinance violation. If there’s another I.D. law out there, I have not yet seen it.

Ind. Code §34-28-5-3.5

It would be so much easier if everyone just had their ID tatooed as a bar code on the back of their neck. Then you 'd never be without ID and the cops could alwaays jsut scan it.

ATM

will argue for sammiches.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jul 29, 2008
    Crawfordsville
    It would be so much easier if everyone just had their ID tatooed as a bar code on the back of their neck. Then you 'd never be without ID and the cops could alwaays jsut scan it.

This would be incredibly efficient if bar code scanners could be installed in the soles of boots. ;)

RMC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 7, 2012
    McCordsville

When I lived in Whiteland I got a ticket in the Franklin Post Office parking lot for not having a seatbelt on in the passenger seat. Since we were just dropping off a package I didn't bother grabbing my wallet for the 5-minute excursion. The officer threatened to throw me in jail for not having an ID in my possession. I really felt protected and served after that.

Top Bottom