• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zx6rman96

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    she recently got interested in skeet shooting after she went with me a couple times. I use an 12 ga 870 express for now until my over under gets out of layaway :) the 12ga was a bit big for her, shes about 5ft 2in 100lb soaking wet and struggled a little bit with it..... any ideas on some shotguns i should take a look at that would fit her better. maybe some youth 20ga's .....etc..

GoDawgs

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    NWI
    Go to Indiana gun club they will let you rent guns and she can shoot skeet and trap and see what she likes.

Ditto - there is a 20ga beretta semi-auto that I rent there for my fiance uses when she shoots with me. It's smaller & has less kick from the semi-auto action (plus being 20ga) so it is perfect for her.

As far as buying something, you'll need to figure out a price range - pumps are fine for casual clay shooters and are considerably less cost than semi's and especially less than O/Us. A lot of it depends on shooter preference.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Go to Indiana gun club they will let you rent guns and she can shoot skeet and trap and see what she likes.
    That is good advice.

My GF is 5'10" she uses a Beretta 303 20 gauge with 26" VR.

If you want cheap and super-duper small the 870 Compact JR (or is it JR Compact?) has an 18" barrel and I think 12 LOP. There was one made in 20 gauge, this year it may be a 12 gauge model, usually found at Gander Mtn. By no means an idlea clays gun.

Here it is, they almost feel like toys but I like it
    http://remington.com/products/firearms/special-runs/shotguns/model-870-express-jr-specialrun.aspx

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    she recently got interested in skeet shooting after she went with me a couple times. I use an 12 ga 870 express for now until my over under gets out of layaway :) the 12ga was a bit big for her, shes about 5ft 2in 100lb soaking wet and struggled a little bit with it..... any ideas on some shotguns i should take a look at that would fit her better. maybe some youth 20ga's .....etc..
    Ithica featherlight model 37, 20 gauge. Might cost a bit in the 400 dollar range but it is one of the best shotguns ever made.

Yukon227

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    May 15, 2011
    Henry County
    1. You have a tiny girlfriend
    2. You want her to shoot with you
    3. You want her to enjoy shooting with you

You need to get her an autoloader, even if you have to get it custom fitted...you want a light recoiling gun so she will enjoy taking the shot rather than anticipating the recoil (usually resulting in a miss)

:twocents:

kong1911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Pendleton
    2 words come to mind when i read this !

Kreighoff and perazzi !! both are out of my price range but they r very nice firearms also!

Don't believe the hype....I've owned both of those named guns, and to be honest, I shoot my Beretta EELL better....hated the Krieghoff but got caught up in all the hype and had to have one.....

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    Ithica featherlight model 37, 20 gauge. Might cost a bit in the 400 dollar range but it is one of the best shotguns ever made.

^^ THIS!^^

If you can find one, an Ithaca Fetherlite would well worth the investment. Yes, Benellis, Berettas and other semi auto's are nice...

A stoegor condor in a 20ga would be good too.

Top Bottom