• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • amboy49

Master
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    central indiana
    I arrowed a nice Ontario black bear in 2015. I thought I had a taxidermist who would do the work but so far he hasn't even started. I phoned and texted him and he has returned neither. I plan to be on his doorstep this weekend to pick up my hide, skull, and claws.

Would like suggestions for someone in the Indy or surrounding area. Traveling a little isn't an issue since I don't plan on making more than one trip to drop off and one to pickup. I'd like to try to get in the que before folks start getting loaded up with deer.

Would like first hand experience if possible - especially for someone doing bears specifically.

Thanks in advance

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    Kevin Green at Baker's Camp Taxidermy in Bainbridge is your guy, because I truly think he can make an award-winning shoulder mount from any land animal on the entire planet.

Make the trip out Hwy 36, talk to him, and I guarantee you won't be disappointed for your effort.

(765) 522-3877. Also on Facebook, if you want to look at some of their work. There's a tarantula...no BS.

-Nate

ETA: I know another very good taxidermist, but I don't think she does bears.

Last edited:

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Avoid kevin mcgrotty of brownsburg taxidermy. He stopped answering phone calls and I am currently in talks with attorney to file a claim against him on monday

two70

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Feb 5, 2016
    Johnson
    Kevin Green at Baker's Camp Taxidermy in Bainbridge is your guy, because I truly think he can make an award-winning shoulder mount from any land animal on the entire planet.

Make the trip out Hwy 36, talk to him, and I guarantee you won't be disappointed for your effort.

(765) 522-3877. Also on Facebook, if you want to look at some of their work. There's a tarantula...no BS.

-Nate

ETA: I know another very good taxidermist, but I don't think she does bears.

Kevin is a good guy and does great work. He also has beetles to clean your bear skull too and can camo dip it if you like that look.

lazarus0213

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 98.3%
    58   1   1
    Jan 29, 2010
    Eden
    We used Archie Whitt a long time ago, he was down near Jefferson Proving Grounds. I dont know if hes even still around.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Poor Boyz Taxidermy is good has 2 bear rugs in his place right now.. He has a FB. Its same as the name. He's east of Knightstown if that close ?

Top Bottom