• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    The local guitar center has some pretty nice used guitars (Even the 2 im looking at) I'll be going around to pawn shops and i'll be pricing a bit more, you can always get a better deal!

jerryv

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Evansville
    With really high-end guitars, you can pretty much count on high quality. With the cheaper brands and models, there can be a lot of difference from one to another. Just play a bunch of them and look for good action and good tone. Buy what you can afford. If you stick with playing, you'll be buying another one down the road.

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    It would be wise to take an experience guitar player with you to give you an opinion on the guitar you are looking at.

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    The local guitar center has some pretty nice used guitars (Even the 2 im looking at) I'll be going around to pawn shops and i'll be pricing a bit more, you can always get a better deal!
    Also, check out some local mom&pop guitar shops. It's a totally different experience when they don't work on commission.

joslar15

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Bloomington
    I like the Taylor because of the Ebony fretboard and the smaller body and neck (Also its a Taylor I haven't heard of a bad guitar from them), but Yamaha has a great reputation of being really good starter guitars and are usually used for a lot of clubs at camps and stuff. If any of you guitarist could weigh in that'd be great! :ingo:
    A guitar can have the sweetest sound imaginable when someone else plays it, but if the neck doesn't feel right in your hand, you will never bring out it's, or your own, true potential. It sounds like the Taylor is your obvious choice. Be sure to check the action up and down the neck for fret buzz. Be careful, guitars can be like guns, you may end up with another GAS issue!

Top Bottom