• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    I have mainly been a truck gun and occasional coat carry guy. I am looking to start CCing more. I am to damn fat to carry a full size pistol and easily conceal. I have a truck gun(G22) and plan to keep it as that. I also have a CZ 75 compact that i would be willing to carry. What holsters are good for the CZ. Summertime is a different story, i am willing to get a new gun but it will have to be a bug, any suggestions on this.?

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    pretty much whatever you desire, i have an inside the weist band holster i carried my g22 in, and for Church and other events where i would tuck my shirt i have a tuckable holster i tend to carry my j-frame in.
    I personally can't tell you the best way to CC as i don not know what you do for a living or how you may dress.. go to a gun store and try some one. it's like trying on shoes.. it's kinda fun!

nickman54

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Thanks

i work in a building that i cannot CC. I am mostly a homebody. Trips to the store and occasionally the zoo, where i dont plan on carrying. I have two little ones. I would just like to have something on me whther its a bug or a compact. I guess in reality i probably only feel comfortable doing a bug. It would be so easy to have something in my pocket or coat pocket.

THard6

Master
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Apr 1, 2010
    Greenwood
    yeah, easy isn't always best.
    make sure they're deep pockets that i can't just reach my hand in and take off with your gun.
    because now you're unarmed and i think i can run pretty fast!:twocents:

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    personal opinion- i dont care for pocket carry. too bulky and i move quickly, and a lot. your mileage may vary.

for me, havin a beer gut helps me CC. i carry a ruger LCR IWB, with my now-favorite holster, a Remora.

USAMP1980

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2011
    I know this is an older thread, but I just had to mention how much I love my Crossbread holsters. I have one IWB gun holster, one IWB mag holster, one OWB gun holster for my large frame, and a double mag holster for that.
    Crossbread lets you try it out for two weeks. If you don't like it, you can send it back for a refund.
    No lie, these are the most comfortable/practical holsters I have ever tried or owned.

DC47374

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    Richmond, IN
    I know this is an older thread, but I just had to mention how much I love my Crossbread holsters. I have one IWB gun holster, one IWB mag holster, one OWB gun holster for my large frame, and a double mag holster for that.
    Crossbread lets you try it out for two weeks. If you don't like it, you can send it back for a refund.
    No lie, these are the most comfortable/practical holsters I have ever tried or owned.
    You are right USAMP....I actually own 2 for the same gun...lol. I got one in horsehide and one in cowhide. Both of them are great and I can't see myself using any other brand for CC. Only thing I would add to them is a mag holder. There's enough dang space!

chezuki

Human
    Rating - 100%
    48   0   0
    Mar 18, 2009
    Behind Bars
    If you love your crossbreed, a CompTac MTAC would blow your mind.

Much higher quality and interchangeable shells.

EDIT: Don't get me wrong, crossbreeds are nice, but side by side the CompTac makes it look like it was made in shop class.

Bigshep

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 29, 2012
    New Albany
    I use a N82 Tactical IWB (the original, not professional) with my G19. Very comfortable and holds it very well, not to mention that it wasn't insanely priced either. I think they were $70 for the expensive one and $30 or $40 for the non-tuckable original model.

Chkline

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    Anderson
    If you are looking for a pocket gun then take a hard look at the 380s that are out now. I own a Smith & Wesson Bodyguard 380 with the integrated laser. I also purchased a Recluse pocket holster for it, and when in the pocket it gives the shape of a square wallet. I've been very pleased with both. This arrangement also works great for summer as it easily fits into shorts.

I've also fired a friends Sig P238, and really liked the ergonomics, and trigger on this gun. It will be slightly heavier than the S&W, but given the feel and trigger, I may trade the BG off for one of these eventually.

I also carry a Colt 1911 Officers model in an OWB DeSantis belt holster. I've been very happy with this arrangement as well, and the 1911 is slim enough to not show.

JimmyR

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Clark County
    I have a couple CC options and use them all to some degree:
    Most commonly:
    Smith J frame in a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB
    Beretta Tomcat/ Kahr CM9 in either pocket/wallet holsters, and IWB Desantis
    Softuk holster, or a Desantis Apache ankle rig.

Less commonly:
    CZ 75BD in a Galco Scout IWB holster
    CZ 70 in the Apache rig I use for the Beretta and Kahr.

I highly reccomend the crossbreed for the j-frame, but I can see where it might be a little tougher to grasp the grip on an auto. The softuk is new, but has a lot of promise. Still breaking it in. I really like the ankle rig for a BUG or for CC when no other option is available. I agree with above posters that pocket carrying can be a little bulky, but wallet style in the back pocket is a little better.

Just my :twocents:

Top Bottom