• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pitbull88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    West Lafayette, IN
    Have a new Ruger SR9c with about 500 rounds through it at range. I am consistently shooting low and to the left by about 5-6 inches. What am I doing wrong? Do I need to adjust the sites (how?). I suppose I could aim high and right, but...

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    Are you lining the dots together.?

How are you lining up the sights on the target front sight over the x or under?

You could also be tighting your fimgers or.jerking the trigger when your pulling it.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    Don't the SR9s and 40s have a sight elevation screw?

If you're shooting low consistently, you would need to turn the screw counter clockwise to get the rear sight up.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    How much experience to you have shooting handguns? Are you proficient with others, but just having problems with this one? In that case, sight adjustments might be needed. You could also have someone else try your gun and see if they have the same problem to verify it is a hardware problem.

If you aren't very experienced, then it is much more likely it is a problem with your technique and proper training is your best answer. There are a number of very good trainers on this board that you can look into.

I have an SR9c and it is an excellent firearm. Good luck figuring it out and mastering it.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    How much experience to you have shooting handguns? Are you proficient with others, but just having problems with this one? In that case, sight adjustments might be needed. You could also have someone else try your gun and see if they have the same problem to verify it is a hardware problem.

If you aren't very experienced, then it is much more likely it is a problem with your technique and proper training is your best answer. There are a number of very good trainers on this board that you can look into.

I have an SR9c and it is an excellent firearm. Good luck figuring it out and mastering it.

Yeah these are good questions. I have a Ruger SR9c and I shoot it very well, better than my Glock 19, it also has around 500-600 rounds through it and the trigger is sweet.

Make sure you aren't flinching or doing something else before you start messing with the sights.

XDLover

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2012
    Delaware County
    I'm agreeing with the others, sounds like you are doing what some call "trigger draw" when you squeeze its causing the aim to go down and over. Everyone does it, you just have to learn to control it. Also how far into your finger is the trigger?

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    This might give you some idea.. A normal problem, target is for a right handed shooter..

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]
    Correctiontarget.jpg

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    You can dry fire practice at home. Place a pennie on your front sight, squeeze the trigger without causing the pennie to fall off. You can place a spent casing on top of the slide and do the same thing. Just make sure the gun is unloaded.

Top Bottom