• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Vicfirth01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    Ok so I posted on here a while ago that I was in the market for an Ak47. I found a Draco AK47 pistol that I really like. It's a Romanian. It comes with a custom stock and forward stock, a red dot sight and a muzzle break all for a decent post panic price. I need your help knowing what to look for on this gun as far as defects, since I am new to the whole assault rifle thing. What should i be leary of on it before I buy. Any help would be helpful!!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    1) its not an assault rifle

2) Dracos have a 12" barrel and come as a pistol. So if this one has a stock on it, it better have a permanent muzzle attachment to be of legal length with out being an SBR.

3) the only real thing I would look for is that the front sight isn't canted one way or the other, ie its not lined up with the rest of the rifle. Not a common issue on the Dracos that I've ever heard of but it can be with other romy rifles.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    As Clay said, a Drako "pistol" with a "custom stock" might be constitutionally legal, but it is illegal per ATF without paying them their blackmail fee. Remember, ATF trumps constitution, like it or not.

Vicfirth01

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 10, 2013
    Fort Wayne, IN
    im sorry it doesn't have a custom stock just a custom forward stock, it has a custom pistol grip. Do you think I should just stick with the rifle or are these just as fun for target shooting

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I think they are fun to shoot, but the question is what do you want it for? a fun range toy? because with out a stock thats about all they are.

vitamink

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    INDY
    If you pay your $200 tax stamp you can add a stock and it instantly becomes awesome. I recommend it highly. Check to see if you have the pistol trunion or the underfolder trunion beforehand though. The underfolder trunion is damn near impossible to thread at the rear, good news is you can make the cuts in the side for an under folder. If you have the pistol trunion, after you pay the ATF and they wave their magic wand, you can drill and tap for an ace folder or whatever. As far as defects go, check for canted sights...that's about it. If you purchased the gun used check and make sure someone didn't use corrosive ammo and not clean it. Other than that you're all set

mine
    picture.php

Mini dracos are even smaller

stainers

picture.php

Draco underfolder

819.jpg

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    If you've never owned an AK before pass on your first being a Draco. These are gadget guns that are marketed to collectors who plan on filling out the required paperwork to convert it into a functional firearm or to guys with disposable income who just want a range toy.

Unless you're going to file for an SBR just stick to the rifles. I'm a veteran AK guy and I pass on them.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Judging by your forum name, you are a drummer, so I'll talk slowly :). Stay away from Draco pistols unless someone is giving it to you. Pre crazy prices are around $300 and you can get a "DEAL" on a few in the classifieds if you want to pay $800 or trade your Glock 19 for one...

BigDArmory

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Ouch, it hurts my hands
    As we said to the AR15 Owners, MAN UP. If you still want a little more comfort when you grip your AK47 Quad Rails then you can add a set of rubber rail covers that easily attach to the rails and protect the rails and your delicate hands. And if you need more rail space for a new accessory, these come off real easy without a need for tools.

That’s of for now about the AK47 Quad Rails System. You can find them and many of the accessories we mentioned above in our store.

Top Bottom