• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • armedhoosier451

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 17, 2013
    Greensburg
    So at work there's always this guy trying to sell me guns. He's a certified Glock armorer and gets things in trades and such all the time. Today he came up to me and said he knew some one that had a Taurus 605 .357 revolver for sale. I told him I was interested in getting a .357 so I said how much? He then goes on to tell me $275, but there's a catch. I said what's the catch? He then goes on to tell me that this person's uncle committed suicide with the said gun. I said well shouldn't the police have it, he said yeah it's already been released that's why he's selling it. My question is would you buy it given the circumstances or not? Give your reason either way.

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    That's a tough one. On one hand, the holy grail of a mil-surp gun is something documenting a combat history. On the other, it's pretty creepy to own a gun known to have been used in a suicide. Any of us that own guns bought used could own a gun used in a suicide, but knowing for sure that one has would be different.

If it were me, I'd probably pass unless it was a special gun in some other way. For instance, if it were a WWII Luger that a German officer used to off himself instead of surrendering, I'd be Ok with it. It might also depend on the circumstances. If the uncle were terminally ill, it would carry less of a stigma than it would if he were just depressed.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 11, 2012
    01001111 01001000
    Do you want the gun? If yes, buy the darn thing. It's not like "karma" or "juju" exists outside the realms of bad superstition anyway. Just buy the gun and enjoy it for what it is.

-Jake-

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2013
    NWI
    I rode a motorcycle for 2 years, the guy that owned it before me died on it. No bad juju! :D

spirit390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Okay you asked for it(just kidding) guns are inanimate object so in my opinion karma does not come into play nor bad juju. Once you own the gun only you and the gun will know the story and I don't think the gun is gonna give it up on you. And you could turn it at the 1500 for a profit if afterwards it made you uncomfortable. I have several Nazi guns in a way I wish they could tell their stories even though I wouldn't want to hear them. So if it were me I would buy it just like I bought the 79 Pinto that a guy gassed himself in. One of the best cars I ever owned. Good Luck and remember there is no bad decision to be made here

Bartman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 29, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    It's not an AR's fault if it's used in a mass shooting. It's not the revolver's fault if some guy uses it to check out. If you believe in karma, I would think it attaches to actions and individuals, not to objects. Buy the gun if you want it. I'm sure someone else will if you don't.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    My first gun was a Taurus Model 669 357 mag. It's a great gun and lots of fun to shoot. $275 is a hell of a price.

It's a tough call. I guess it all depends on if you are bothered by these types of things. It would bother me more if the gun had been used to murder an innocent. If you want it buy it. You can always sell it later if it gives you the creeps or whispers crazy things to you. Maybe you can find a priest or someone similar to bless it for you.

horsehaulin

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 12, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Buy it, enjoy it! Or flip it!

The ones talking about bad juju and such should never rent a car or buy a used one! We had two cats sold to us last year that were suicide inside and we just cleaned them up. Both cars are great vehicles to some lucky owners. Same goes for this gun. If it has blood on it, take it to a smith and pay for a good cleaning.

Kedric

Master
    Rating - 80%
    4   1   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Grant Co.
    I wouldn't care about the suicide or whatever, but I am not a fan of revolvers or Taurus, and thus I wouldn't buy it.

Joq867

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    Brooksville
    If a gun is not responsible for a mass shooting, why would it carry any responsibility in a suicide? If you want it, buy it. The past is past, give it a good future.

Arthur Dent

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 21, 2010
    Buy it and enjoy the heck out of it. The gun has no idea what it was used for, it just went bang when it was supposed to.

Top Bottom