• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    trying to decide for my next handgun what i want to get. I choosing between the XD 4" service in 40, a Glock 22, or the Smith M&P 40.....what do you guys think? any suggestions?

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    All of those are GREAT guns. But everyone is different.

Either one will be a good choice. But pick the one that fits in your hands the best.

Txlur

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Aug 17, 2011
    NWI
    You can pick up a used G22 police trade-in for like, next to nothing. I'd go with that. Find one that's really beat up and talk them down to like 250-300.

mwg

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    east side indy
    i,ve had the glock and the xd .they wereboth nice guns. You can't go wrong with any of them.I would pick witch one fits my hand best.

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    trying to decide for my next handgun what i want to get. I choosing between the XD 4" service in 40, a Glock 22, or the Smith M&P 40.....what do you guys think? any suggestions?

Well, as an MP owner, I am biased, as well as spoiled...MP of course. :)

If you want to shoot an MP, give me a shout, you can come up and shoot mine at Applied Ballistics some time.

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    All are great so you can't go wrong. Just need to go with what feels best to you. My choice would be Glock, then an XD, I do not like the m&p at all so that would not be an option for me. That is just my personal prefference though. The m&p is a fine handgun with many happy owners, it just isn't for me. The good news is that no matter what you choose you will get a great handgun that will serve you well. Take your time, handle them all as much as possible, and if you can shoot them and then make your decision.

Also, what will be the main purpose for this handgun? Home defense, carry. competition...? If it is to be an EDC don't rule out the G23. Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    All are great so you can't go wrong. Just need to go with what feels best to you. My choice would be Glock, then an XD, I do not like the m&p at all so that would not be an option for me. That is just my personal prefference though. The m&p is a fine handgun with many happy owners, it just isn't for me. The good news is that no matter what you choose you will get a great handgun that will serve you well. Take your time, handle them all as much as possible, and if you can shoot them and then make your decision.

Also, what will be the main purpose for this handgun? Home defense, carry. competition...? If it is to be an EDC don't rule out the G23. Good luck with your decision. :ingo:

main reason for it would be for EDC trying to get used to OC with a full size weapon so that when i become a LEO i'll be good to go

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    You there! Step away from the Tupperware...

Just kidding, sorta. You're going to have to pick them all up and, preferably, shoot them to be sure you're making the right decision.

JStang314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 8, 2011
    check out the glock 23 also. still a .40, slightly smaller but not a subcompact. I recently trader a 22 for a 23 because it fit me better.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    I hate saying this, but isn't this why places like Don's Guns exist? Go "rent" a couple different models to find out what fits best in your hand. Then try to do a couple of drills (mag changes, rapid fire w/ mag change, tac reload, etc...) with the top two. Which ever you feel most comfortible with is the winner.

I have owned both XD and Glock. I enjoyed both and would recommend either for reliability and function... which is why I believe it's up to how things work for YOU. :-)

Top Bottom