• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I have all my parts for my new upper ready to be assembled. Unfortunately I don't have the tools. Would a fellow INGOer help out? Im located in Indianapolis an will travel. I am more than happy to supply a six pack or two of your favorite beer as a thank you! I wanna get this thing out to the range so any help would be much appreciated.

rmg200

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Well on top of the tools, this is my first upper build. I thought it would be nice to have someone to show me the right way and learn as much as I can.

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    Unfortunately I am stuck up here in South Bend, otherwise I would be happy to help.

Are you using a standard delta-ring assembly or a free-float tube?

Also, do you have a pinned gas-block / front sight base? Or a screw-on/clamp-on gas block?

Last edited:

cwillour

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    90   0   0
    Dec 10, 2011
    Northern Indiana
    It is free float and I believe screw on as it is a troy low pro gas block.

What brand/model of free-float? Did the free-float come with a wrench? Some do, for others (such as YHM) you have to purchase their wrench separately.

Re: the gas block, does your barrel have a dimple for the location? (opposite the gas port) If not, you may want to decide if you will be dimpling the barrel. Done properly, this can make re-seating the gas block much easier should you ever have to remove it.

Also, do you have Rocksett? (I normally use a drop on each of the the gas-block screws & an extra drop on the bottom of the gas block after I verify the gas system is running proplerly.)

Top Bottom