• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Alright INGO I need help picking new bolts for my x-bow. I've got a Barnett Raptor and it came with 3 Barnett bolts by Easton I think, and I've ruined 2 of them.

I'm leaning towards the Carbon Express PileDrivers. Anyone have experience with them? They seem like they've gotten good reviews from the interweb guru's.

Next question... lighted nocks? What does INGO recommend? I've been leaning towards the Nockturnals but have heard a lot people talk about Lumenoks too. Any others I should look at?

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    No help here, I'm still shooting an old Exocet with aluminum bolts and Thunderheads, drive nails with them at 30 yards.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I really have no idea. I'm an archery novice myself.
    That said, I've heard of people having carbon bolts basically explode (read shatter) when the trigger is pulled if the bolt isn't rated for the speeds the crossbow produces.

Make absolutely sure the arrows will take the pressures applied to them.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    I really have no idea. I'm an archery novice myself.
    That said, I've heard of people having carbon bolts basically explode (read shatter) when the trigger is pulled if the bolt isn't rated for the speeds the crossbow produces.

Make absolutely sure the arrows will take the pressures applied to them.
    Interesting... I hadn't heard that about the carbon arrows. I've heard people having issues with aluminum arrows bending on impact.

I'm really surprised that I haven't received more replies. Figured there'd be more x-bow shooters/hunters on INGO.

Bosshoss

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 11, 2009
    MADISON
    I have had no problems with carbon arrow or aluminum. Which ever one you use you just have to make sure the bolt is all the way against the stop(rearward) when you shoot. Carbon shafts might very well explode if they slip forward and string gets a running start before hitting the bolt.
    I use Lumenok they are bright and the newer ones you can change the battery. Batteries last a long time.
    The lighted nocks are great for telling where your shot hit but I like them for finding a bolt in tall grass or one that snakes under the undergrowth.

Last edited:

devious169

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2011
    Earth and you?
    Personally I don't use a crossbow, but all my buddies have officially switched. I've seen all of em lose and explode bolts no matter what brand. A crossbow has a lot of kinetic energy, so hitting any hard surface with a bolt can likely damage it. Knowing what I know about arrows and knocks , you simply can't go wrong with any Easton product. They have been in the industry longer than most and have always produced top notch arrows. As far as nocks go . I have tried luminocks, Lazer eyes and nocturnal. Nocturnal are far superior in durability and brightness. I would suggest red. They look like a ball of fire in the woods. You won't lose one easily. Hope this helps.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I took the lazy way out and bought stuff to match my x-bow. I use the Tenpoint branded Omni-brites with their branded Pro-lite Easton arrows.
    No deer taken with them but they practice OK so far. Work every time.

TheWabbit

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 9, 2011
    In my lair
    I'm looking for info on 20" bolts too for target shooting and removing rabbits (yes, I know, Wabbit hunting rabbits is almost cannibalism), but the little buggers are in my backyard with my dog and garden. I don't think the Noblesville PD would appreciate if I blasted a rabbit with an AK.

djl02

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 18, 2009
    Indiana
    I swithed from gold tips to Parkers. then added nocturnal nocs. Shoot the same as the gold tips for 1/2 the price.

Top Bottom