• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    Ok, so I am looking to get into the NFA game, and I'm thinking I want to start by hushing my Gen 2 Glock 19. My question is this: With all of the different manufacturers making threaded barrels is there something or someone I want to stay away from. I view this as something I only want to have to pay for once, so price is not my driving factor. I am much more interested in function, reliability and accuracy. These are some of the ones I am considering...

Lone Wolf

Storm Lake

Keep in mind that I am entirely new to suppressing weapons and NOTHING is too obvious to leave out. I'm a total :n00b: when it comes to this.

Last edited:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I can only speak of (2) brands that I have owned.

I have owned several Lone Wolf and have always been happy. They are probably the most affordable that you will find. I have owned them in various 9mm & .40 S&W barrel lengths. In 9mm, I have NEVER had any issues with ANY bullet profiles hitting the rifling before the slide would go fully into battery.

I have also owned the more expensive KKM barrels in 9mm, .40 S&W, and .357 sig, also in various barrel lengths. This more expensive barrel gave me fits with certain profile bullets hitting the rifling due to the match chamber being " short chambered,", thus requiring much deeper seating of the bullet. This issue was especially bad in 9mm with SOME heavier bullet weights which I assume will be exactly what you might be interested in shooting.

My advice would be to ask around. Make the " short chambered " issue one that you find answers on. I am a reloader that tries many different options, and if you are only going to shoot factory ammo, maybe this wouldn't be such an issue as I think. I would still ask about it before actually spending the money though.

GBuck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Franklin
    I will definitely be shooting factory ammo. I don't even trust myself with making reloads when I am not only shooting the $500 gun, but especially when adding the cost of the new barrel, the suppressor and the tax. I've also been told I will need a "booster", but I'm not exactly sure what that means.

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I will definitely be shooting factory ammo. I don't even trust myself with making reloads when I am not only shooting the $500 gun, but especially when adding the cost of the new barrel, the suppressor and the tax. I've also been told I will need a "booster", but I'm not exactly sure what that means.

No idea on the " booster " either... Haven't had a need for a threaded barrel myself YET. :D Own many aftermarket barrels for conversions and reloading needs...

Factory ammo is fine. But I would still make it a point to ask. Many of the more expensive barrels not only are " short chambered " and could possibly be a issue with certain bullet profiles, but some barrels also might require to be fitted by a gunsmith. I know the Wolf are a drop in fit and require no fitting. Many others do also, but I am not certain in which ones.

I know many here own the Storm Lake. I'm sure they will be along to give you good info on them.

tacmedic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Threaded barrel

I have a Lone Wolf theraded barrel in my Glock 21. It was a drop in installation and has functioned perfectly since I installed it, about 400 rounds ago. I did have to buy a thread protector as it did not come with the barrel, other than that I am very happy.

GI JOE

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 20, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I'd say Lone Wolf too. I was thinking the same for my M&P. Gemtech has some awesome cans out there. and make sure you get 147gr rounds or higher. Anything less will be supersonic and not subsonic.

minuteman32

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 23, 2008
    Central IN
    I have the Lone Wolf threaded bbl for my G19. I got the black one & have been pretty happy with it. It was the least expensive one that I could find & had to wait for them to be available (@ the time).

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Get the Lone Wolf.

I would also suggest paying extra for the "blind marking" and "black oxide" options.

The blind marking option will delete the horrible LWD logo from the barrel hood, and the black oxide finish will make it look like a factory barrel.

Top Bottom