• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • KittySlayer

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 29, 2013
    Northeast IN
    My EDC is a P238. This little puppy shoots great (accurate and comfortable) which leaves me feeling confident when I carry it. Generally my EDC is IWB with a Stoner 415 holster and it nearly disappears even before covering with a shirt or jacket. Occasionally I will pocket carry with a Nemesis holster although I find the Sig a little to heavy for comfortable pocket carry when I am walking. The night sights are bright and keeps me from running into the night stand when walking around in the house in the dark. I carry cocked and locked and you should practice to develop your muscle memory with the safety.

Son has a P938 and you can barely tell the difference between the two guns.

As noted, the Sig is on the heavier side. When I am bicycling or running I carry a Keltec P3AT which is lighter and I don't care about sweating on. Quality wise there is no comparison between the Sig and the Keltec but the lighter weight is a plus for certain situations. The Keltec is not pleasant to shoot.

JUMBO

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sig 938...Great little gun. S&W Shield, also a great reliable pistol...most prefer the shield w/o a safety. Sig 290RS, Small wonder of the world IMO. I own all three, but I find myself carrying the shield because it just feels right in my hand and you can pick up a shield for around $300.00 used on a good day (great buy). I got mine with a nice leather owb holster that was for a glock and it was like it was made for the shield! the sig 290 slips right into a pocket and you'd barely know its there. these are my expressed opinion's and your experience may vary, check with your armorer to see if any these are right for you!

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    I have a Ruger LCP, but I originally bought it for my wife. I'm looking for something similar in size to carry myself. I like that you can keep it in your pocket and it's easy to carry. I've thought about purchasing a Sig P238 or a P938. Anyone have experience with these or other options?

yes. I own both. And carry both depending upon the activity.

For me, the 938 is a little too big for a "pocket gun". Maybe I have small pockets?

The 238 fits easily into cargo shorts. I use a desantis pocket holster when in pocket mode.
    but I usually use the OWB holster it came with.

It is heavy enough and the sights are good enough to effectively put six quick shots where you want them. And shot placement is the holy grail IMHO.

But if given the choice, I carry my 938 in a hybrid IWB holster. 9mm is just a more effective round. And even in a small pistol, the 938 has enough mass for quick follow ups.

They are both solid little pistols and I feel comfortable with either.

But if you are recoil shy, the 238 is one of the softest shooting pistols I have found. And extremely concealable.

newdave61

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2015
    Avon
    Dittos on the P238 in a DeSantis Nemesis. Very small but still very shootable for me. Looks and feels a lot like a mini version of my 1911, with the same manual of arms.

The only real drawback I see is with it being SA. Have to carry it condition 1 in your pocket, cocked and locked. Make damn sure the safety's on and the trigger's covered!

Woody968

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 1, 2015
    Terre Haute
    My wife chose the p238 and I picked up the p938 as our first carry pistols last year. Both are great! She has since moved hers to a backup and carries it in a flash bang holster. The 238 is an awesome little shooter.

i have considered looking for a small single stack since I don't always have time to practice working the safety in a draw situation but have not found anything I like as much as the Sig. I have several higher capacity guns but often find myself carrying the 938 because of its size for both comfort and ease of concealing.

I almost picked up a 290 the other day but don't know if I would like the trigger.

Woody

jhelm

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 4, 2015
    Washington
    I actually have two I rotate depending on my clothes I'm wearing that day. I have a kimber solo dc...it's a handful of hurt. Love the night sights and the all black finish. The kimber just took a few hundred rounds to break in.
    The other is a little Kahr p380. This little guy fits in any pocket and hasn't failed to function yet at the range. Both imo are awesome pocket guns.

Dkamm23

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2015
    Osceola
    i would say that your main choice at this would be something in the 380 caliber but it all depends on your attire and what you are comfortable carrying. In the summer with cargo shorts i can carry something like the xds which widens your variety on caliber

Top Bottom