• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Dave1951

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 23, 2014
    Valparaiso
    Just asking you folks what might be a good scope(s) for a Savage 17 FV Single Shot .22-250 with a 26" bull barrel. Maximum range up to about 300-325 yards for small game. Load would be pretty much standard 55 grain. Any comments or recommendations most appreciated. Hope everyone had a safe and happy holiday!

Thanks......Dave1951

Squirt239

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jun 7, 2010
    North of Brownsburg
    Welcome to INGO. You might want to talk with Alan at A&A optics. He'll set you up with a Vortex optic to fit your situation. I've bought three Vortex optics, and I couldn't be happier with them.

mattyd

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2011
    I have had pretty good luck buying used Leupolds. Classifieds or ebay etc. You will never regret buying as high of quality of scope as you can afford. I like getting an adjustable up at to 9 power if not higher on a scope for this purpose.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Shoot me a email, or message (alan@aaoptics.com). Ill ask a few more questions, and recommend something. A lot of the time its something I dont sell, but Ill recommend something.

DougO

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 15, 2013
    Kokomo
    And I will add a third for Alan, he has been working with optics a quite a while and knows what he is talking about. I have bought two from him and plan to add more.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    Dave,

Welcome to INGO. :yesway:

When you get a chance, post a few words about yourself in the Introductions forum.

Good luck on the scope selection. Have no experience with Vortex myself, but there's tons of positive feedback on Vortex scopes here on INGO.

kludge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Small stuff is really small at 300 yards in a 3-9x scope... you should probably start looking at something with 16x to 24x on the top end.

And I have to ask... when you say "small game" you mean what exactly?

Top Bottom