• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Its not a bobtail, but I have heard excellent things about the Ruger SR1911.

It was my first choice for a 1911 and on all accounts is one of the best bargains out there in this platform. Well, it WAS my first choice until a friend dropped his Kimber safe queen in my lap for a steal because he wanted to fund another toy.

Probably not EXACTLY what you had in mind, but its in the extreme low end of your price range, and every review I have read says you wont be disappointed. Besides, that price leaves all kinds of room for upgrades!

dyerwatcher

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    Colorado
    I have had Colt, Kimber and Sig. I still have the Colt and Sig. The Colt took some work, but now is a good performer. I was never able to "Break in " the Kimber. The Sig Traditional Two Tone was perfect out of the box. 100% perfect to date (800) rounds. Great trigger. Highly recommended. Not bashing Kimber- they build a quality firearm - I challenge their consistency.

Uglyducky

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    PA
    I've owned a bunch of 1911's over the years. The two I would recommend VERY highly as a lower price point gun would be a springfield or Dan wesson. My experience has been pretty bad with Kimbers.

Uglyducky

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 19, 2014
    PA
    Here's my WC 1911. This is before it was Armor Tuff'd.

IMG_4581.jpg

And a shot of me taking that picture for the lol's.

184192312.jpg

Yes - the dining room table :).

that is some SERIOUS shooting equipment. Both on and off the table

RH777

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2014
    Dyer
    I've heard a lot of good things about the Springfield Armory 1911's. You can find them at great prices at sportsmansoutdoorsuperstore.com

bluehdflhrs

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    I have a loaded SS Springfield ultra it comes with ever thing you want but it is not a round butt.I lrealy like it and it is a lot of 1911 for the money. Copy of Springfield loaded Ultra Compact 45ACP W-NS.jpg

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    I have bought 3 Kimbers and still own 2 of them. They're really nice, but I had to do some part replacement work to get them to where I liked them. If I knew as much about 1911s when I bought my Kimbers as I do now, I would have gone with Springfield instead.

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    Thanks to everyone that posted, I have some thinking to do for sure but also some saving, whenever I do get my paws on which ever 1911 I choose, I will post pics asap.
    Thanks again

I've got Wilson, Springfields, Kimbers, Colts, to name drop just a few. You pay the lead bill and I don't mind you shooting them if need be. I've got big and small. They were all blued or parkerized until recently. I hate stainless. LOL!

church

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Margaritaville
    Also, i'm surprised someone hasn't come along carrying on about RIA 1911's and how great they are and trying to tell you there could be no better 1911 anywhere, ever.

Top Bottom