• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Force10

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2014
    Franklin County
    I have an L1A1 built onto a metric CAI (:noway:) receiver. I was able to get the gun 90% functional but it seems to spend a lot of time in the safe. My issue appears to be typical of the CAI uni-brow feed-ramp receiver, as rounds consistently feed correctly from the left side of the stack, but frequently jam when feeding from the right side (as viewed from the shoulder in a firing position).

My wife got me a L1A3 bayonet for Christmas, and just getting the gun out to fiddle with it makes me itch to get it fully functional.

I'm handy with a dremel (before you cringe too much, all my "editing" was done on the crappy receiver itself, all the parts are virgin) and have limited access to an old lathe and a mill. I am curious if it possible to work on the feed-ramp, or if I'd be better off searching for an Imbel receiver. I figure receiver in hand that doesn't work well is worth a shot, I can't butcher it up too much!

The other issue I have is getting the mags to seat properly. I have German metric steel mags and some thermold mags, neither seem to engage in the front slot very well.

Top Bottom