• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    I had a TON of pictures on a flash drive. Unfortunately the flash drive failed and I lost everything. Then I realized I had some of them on Photobucket. So I downloaded one of the albums and I'm having issues. When I preview the picture, they look like this:

o5s492.jpg

When I open it to actually view it, It looks like a normal picture. I can't preview pictures from that download and there are some others that do that to. Anyone know anything about this issue?

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    my semi uneducated guess is that windows cant tell the dimensions of the photo maybe because it had its meta data removed or corrupted. Id try resaving the file with whatever you are opening it with.

z96Cobra

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2012
    Southeast Indiana
    If you still have the flash drive, you may be able to retrieve some/all of your pictures. There are lots of data recovery software that may be able to help. Many have a free trial.

mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    Too bad you tossed the drive. I was going to suggest you find someone with a Mac to take a look at it for you. I've recovered stuff from Windows computers on my Macs when the Windows computers couldn't. Different OS's see things in different ways. Oh, well. Sorry you lost your pics.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    If you can get access to something with more horsepower, like Photoshop or Illustrator, try opening them in that. This would be better done for you by someone already familiar with those programs. Your windows machine's default program it uses to try and open the pics may be incompatible with the format the files are being imported with. Its also possible unless youre signed in as the account holder on photobucket that it wont allow download into a program with editing capabilities. hard to diagnose without looking over your shoulder

Top Bottom