Need to clean house a little more often.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Found three boxes of ammo in a Wallmart plastic bag in an area of a dresser in a back bedroom I hadn’t looked around for awhile I guess.
    As soon as I picked up the bag I knew it had ammo in it.
    It did,
    Purchased 10/28/18 Fishers 96 st Walmart
    1 box Remington 9mm 115 gr FMJ
    $8.97
    1 Box 22 CCI Mini Mags HP
    $7.47
    1 box 22 CCI Singers
    $6.47
    Need to check out the rest of the house,
    Actually my wife had stacked some of her clothes onto a corner of a dresser, shielding the bag on the right side of a large mirror.
    Winner Winner Chicken Dinner
    Remember when Walmart sold handgun ammo?
    I think you can still get .22
    but not at that price.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Found three boxes of ammo in a Wallmart plastic bag in an area of a dresser in a back bedroom I hadn’t looked around for awhile I guess.
    As soon as I picked up the bag I knew it had ammo in it.
    It did,
    1 box Remington 9mm 115 gr FMJ
    $8.97
    1 Box 22 CCI Mini Mags HP
    $7.47
    1 box 22 CCI Singers
    $6.47
    Actually my wife had stacked some of her clothes onto a corner of a dresser, shielding the bag on the right side of a large mirror.
    but not at that price.
    This gives me an idea. An Ammo time capsule..
    Go buy one box of each type of ammunition you use, put it in your ammo time capsule along with the receipt, and or a written record of the date, and where you bought it along with the cost of each. Then go check it out in 5 to 10 years.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Thanks to my great friend STEEL CORE I bought quite a bit of ammo. He called advising me to stock up, and since he was and is someone I trust, I did.

Case of 5.7x28 FN 197 -(2000 rds per case) $800 to my door
    Case of .22 LR CCI Blazer ((5000 rds per case) ie 10 bricks) $140 to my door
    Various cases of 9mm averaging $125 per case
    And a crate of 5.45x39 I don't remember the price but I remember that STEEL CORE bought the cases I didn't. I half remember $159 or so???

And my "I forgot it was there" was a 1000 rd case of 5.56x45 in the back of my safe that I used to prop up a couple of rifles.

THANK YOU STEEL CORE!!!

yetti462

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2016
    Unglaciated heaven
    When Walmart decided to save the world and discontinue handgun ammo sales, I went and filled a cart. 100 Rd of 9mm was $8. 100 of 45 I think was $10.

My first trip was over $400. Then the next day I dropped $300.

I have some Winchester high brass pheasant loads from Kmart with $4.99 sticker.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Ok here is one for you.
    1985 a nice trip to southern indiana to camp and hunt tree rats.
    After school/workI I pack tent cooler sleeping bag ect. At mom and dads. Drive to birdseye Indiana where their was a camp place. We unpack and I figure out at home was my Winchester 9422.

Off to Kmart and low and behold a sale (the annual early hunting sale) ruger 10-22 for 139 with 4 power scope and sling. Purchase it. Drive back to camp and site it in using truck headlights. (Really it was pretty well on target. ) N ice weekend trip was had.

After that back to mom and dad’s place unpack place the 10/22 on hooks in my old bedroom closet. Place camping stuff in the outbuilding and back to school and work apartment.

1986 I was 21 and my hunting a camping adventures lessened and running bars and hunting tail was on.

1999 mom get tired of dad snoring and moves into my old room. Calls to tell me to get stuff out of my old bedroom closet. Old stereo my glow I. The dark burger chef and Jeff frisbee my planet of the apes trash can. My beer can collection. And on the hooks above the closet door the 10/22 used one weekend and hung up in 1985.

Hmmmm. I remember that. Nice

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    Found three boxes of ammo in a Walmart plastic bag in an area of a dresser in a back bedroom I hadn’t looked around for a while I guess.
    As soon as I picked up the bag, I knew it had ammo in it. It did,
    1 box Remington 9mm 115 gr FMJ $8.97
    1 Box 22 CCI Mini Mags HP $7.47
    1 box 22 CCI Singers $6.47
    Actually, my wife had stacked some of her clothes onto a corner of a dresser, shielding the bag on the right side of a large mirror.
    but not at that price.
    I was at my cousin's house in rural SE Iowa, a week ago, for a funeral, and their local Wally's still had rifles and shotguns, along with plenty of .22lr, rifle and shotgun ammo, and even some handgun ammo...but nuthin' fancy like JHP's or anything. It was all hardball 'plinkin' type stuff...and then, most of it was revolver ammo, with very little semi-auto 9mm or .45 acp stuff.
    In NE Indiana...we'll probably never see these types of things sold again.

Nazgul

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Near the big river.
    Few years ago I found 30 cal. 150 gr. FMJ projectiles on sale. Bought a box of 1500. Went to put them under the reloading bench and they wouldn't go all the way in. When I looked there was already an unopened box of 1500 already there...:dunno:

Don

Steve

Master
    Rating - 100%
    84   0   0
    Nov 10, 2008
    It's 1969. I am 18 years old and living in Seymour, IN with friends and working at Sears as a sales clerk. They had given me a used Savage 6A .22 rifle as a graduation gift (still have it) and I was elated! Until I found out that I could not buy ammo for it since it used handgun ammo and being 18, I could only buy shotgun ammo. So when I wanted to buy .22 ammo, I had to give an older guy I worked with (he was 22) 79 cents to buy a 50 rd box of hollow points for me. Lead nose were 69 cents a box, but I wanted the "good stuff" for squirrels.

Has it really been 50+ years since I first shouldered that rifle? Lots of water under the bridge since then.

Lee11b

Master
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 22, 2014
    North Webster
    A few years ago....maybe 5.....maybe longer....LOL, I traded a 500 round brick of Winchester 22LR
    Wildcats (the cheap stuff) for a brand new, GI Issue 9mm rated body armor vest. The government was paying almost 2k for the vests.....I gave $8.99 for those 500 rounds at Quality Farm & Fleet, which is now TSC.....those were the days.

KokomoDave

Enigma Suspect
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    76   0   0
    Oct 20, 2008
    Kokomo
    I found a Norinco Tokarev in a 50cal ammo can of that ammo I had written the caliber with a magic marker on the top lid. Found that pistol a couple years ago.
    I've found other crap in an old ammo safe that you can't buy now like Hirtenberger +P+ PSP 50rd boxes @1,750fps out of a Glock 17L. That stuff is great shooting!
    Glad my wife doesn't mind my addiction to guns and sharp stabby things.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    When Walmart decided to save the world and discontinue handgun ammo sales, I went and filled a cart. 100 Rd of 9mm was $8. 100 of 45 I think was $10.

My first trip was over $400. Then the next day I dropped $300.

I have some Winchester high brass pheasant loads from Kmart with $4.99 sticker.
    I'll give you $10 a box for the 9mm......just to help out....

Top Bottom