• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    Not sure if this is the appropriate section, but as some of you know, I'm selling my AR pistol. I may have a buyer. It's a friend of mine that lives in OH. How does the FFL transfer work in that case? I've sold rifles interstate, but I do know handguns are not allowed in interstate private sales? Can you only buy a pistol from an FFL interstate, or can you do it as long as it's transferred. Little help please. :)

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    ... or delivered. You could drive it there if it's more convenient. Shipping a pistol on your own is expensive (must go UPS or FedEx overnight and be brought directly to the shipping hub). A dealer can ship it for you for a transfer fee plus Priority Mail shipping charges.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Not sure if this is the appropriate section, but as some of you know, I'm selling my AR pistol. I may have a buyer. It's a friend of mine that lives in OH. How does the FFL transfer work in that case? I've sold rifles interstate, but I do know handguns are not allowed in interstate private sales? Can you only buy a pistol from an FFL interstate, or can you do it as long as it's transferred. Little help please. :)

Rifles aren't allowed in interstate private sales either, just FYI. Any gun that goes across state lines must involve an FFL, unless it is a legal, after-death inheritance. Difference is, with long guns, as long as both states allow it, can be transferred at a dealer in either buyer OR seller's state. Handguns are required by Federal law to be transferred in the buyer's state.

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    Rifles aren't allowed in interstate private sales either, just FYI. Any gun that goes across state lines must involve an FFL, unless it is a legal, after-death inheritance. Difference is, with long guns, as long as both states allow it, can be transferred at a dealer in either buyer OR seller's state. Handguns are required by Federal law to be transferred in the buyer's state.
    By interstate, I mean I bought it in OH and sold it in IN when I moved. Is that different?

BCMPatriot

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 2, 2013
    Auburn
    ... or delivered. You could drive it there if it's more convenient. Shipping a pistol on your own is expensive (must go UPS or FedEx overnight and be brought directly to the shipping hub). A dealer can ship it for you for a transfer fee plus Priority Mail shipping charges.
    Yeah I'd just deliver it. We go there once a month anyway to visit the in laws. Thanks for the great info.

Top Bottom