• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Sitting at gymnastics place while my son does Ninja Gym. Lots of girls here doing gymnastics. I'm on my phone playing a game (clash royale) and my wife yells at me to go down there they need 911 for a girl.

I waddle over and see a girl with a dislocated elbow from the beam. Poor thing. I had just been watching and shocked there weren't more injuries.

Got it back in :): gotta love the flexibility of child gymnasts, sure helps for reducing dislocations.

still waiting for my wife to swoon from my actions. I'll update later if she does. This was our first night here, we had been at their other facility for a year. Fortunate turn of events.

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    Sure... You tug on a child's arm and you're a "hero". I do it and I'm a "predator" and have to "register with the county".

Hah, yeah. I was careful how I posted so it didn't seem weird.

i wasn't going to try to reduce it without parents there and saying go ahead but she didn't have much of a pulse in her wrist at the time.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Hah, yeah. I was careful how I posted so it didn't seem weird.

i wasn't going to try to reduce it without parents there and saying go ahead but she didn't have much of a pulse in her wrist at the time.
    Walk me through this Doctor, how does a dislocation weaken the pulse, and what would be the end result if left untreated?

hoosierdoc

Freed prisoner
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Apr 27, 2011
    Galt's Gulch
    The brachial artery goes in front of the elbow in the little divot area. If you dislocate the elbow the humerus comes forward and puts pressure on the vessel and can compress it. Can also get nerve entrapment/injury. Basically slows down blood flow beyond the injury, which can lead to nerve damage, loss of limb, etc.

always check pulses below an extremity injury. If you can't feel one and there's a deformity it is best to hurry the extrication or reduce it if you can

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    The brachial artery goes in front of the elbow in the little divot area. If you dislocate the elbow the humerus comes forward and puts pressure on the vessel and can compress it. Can also get nerve entrapment/injury. Basically slows down blood flow beyond the injury, which can lead to nerve damage, loss of limb, etc.

always check pulses below an extremity injury. If you can't feel one and there's a deformity it is best to hurry the extrication or reduce it if you can

Thats a quality post. Thanks for the advice.

However, Rep Nazi says "No rep for you!"

SMiller

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 15, 2009
    Hamilton Co.

PMS...

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Sure... You tug on a child's arm and you're a "hero". I do it and I'm a "predator" and have to "register with the county".

Where's YOUR equal protection under the law. Doctors being all special because they went to "medical school" before they started "practicing" medicine. If it's just practicing, why can't the rest of us get in on it? How am I gonna learn to doctor things if I can't practice doctoring?

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Ninja Gym FTW! My Oldest Monkey does it there afternoons with other homeschoolers. Between cracking down on his incessant snacking (he's a boredom eater who likes to snack out of habit while he reads) and ninja gym, he dropped 10lbs in 6 mos to a more reasonable BMI.

Top Bottom