• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Michael762

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 14, 2016
    Centeral
    So I really want to get a bullpup. But I don't know anything about them. Can someone give me some pointers, like things to look for what bullpups are out there. So on so forth. Really like the Aug and new Tavor. Thank you for the help :)

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    I would tell you to stray away from the Standard Mfg DP-12.. I have one and it's overpriced and doesn't fire how it should everytime. For some reason mine will fire the left barrel but not the right every single time... I don't know what's the matter.. it may be a fluke.

edit: sorry for some reason I jumped to the conclusion this was about shotguns.. didn't read all the way down

Last edited:

maansmit

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Aug 12, 2014
    Greenfield
    I have a 9mm Tavor Sar and love it. Would highly recommend the Tavor. It may be the most fun gun I have shot. There are some easy upgrades like the trigger pack that you might want to do.

spencer rifle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    68   0   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    Scrounging brass
    Like my RFB. Less recoil than you'd expect. Somewhat heavy, but you don't notice as the weight is close to your body.
    And my Kushnapup. Though it did need some modification to take 30 round AK mags.

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    [video=youtube;cNKvlV1oxfw]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cNKvlV1oxfw[/video]
    [video=youtube;FeVlmpnpz4k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FeVlmpnpz4k[/video]
    [video=youtube;9155MuJcT88]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9155MuJcT88[/video]

Yamadog35

- - - - - - - - - - - -
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Central Indiana
    Make sure you shoot some bullpups before you buy one. People generally seem to love them or hate them. I love my Tavor, but if I were buying another bullpup right now I would be looking at this one.
    US made "updated" version of the Bushmaster M17s made by K&M Arms. They've had a .223/556 version out for awhile and are preparing to ship a .308 version. This one is supposed to have an awesome trigger on it from the factory which is not the norm for most bullpups.

[video=youtube;gyjb7taxaK8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gyjb7taxaK8[/video]

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    I have a 9mm Tavor Sar and love it. Would highly recommend the Tavor. It may be the most fun gun I have shot. There are some easy upgrades like the trigger pack that you might want to do.
    I have one too. I love mine. The ZRX integrated suppressor is a great addition.

russc2542

Master
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Oct 24, 2015
    Columbus
    I have a Tavor X95. If you do go for a Tavor and plan on keeping it or going for accuracy, budget for a trigger. It isn't bad but it is heavy.

+1 for trying them out before buying. They take a little getting used to. Don't get upset if you can't shoot perfect 1-hole groups, they tend to trade some perfect accuracy for function, compactness, and maneuverability.

If you ever take a rifle class not specifically for bullpups, be prepared for "OK class, everyone do ____...except you with the bullpup, you just figure something out".

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    I bought my first bullpup this weekend at the Indy show. It's a used RFB. I got to shoot ten rounds out the back door last night just to say I did. Not in love yet but I'm going to shoot it suppressed when I get time. Has anybody checked out the new 223 keltec RDB bullpup?

Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Danville
    I've got a Tavor SAR in 5.56 and also bought a 9mm kit. I am completely smitten with this gun. I put a lightweight Trijicon MRO on it, so it really isn't that heavy. It shoots great, and is as accurate with bulk ammo as my Spikes or Palmetto (Premium) AR's. It feels pretty much the same from 9mm to 5.56, so I've been shooting lots of cheap 9mm with it. If configured for 5.56, it is my go-to SHTF gun right now. Also, I did not change out the trigger. It is heavy, but otherwise feels great, so I'm sticking with it.

Of course, I take it boating all the time with me, so it could get lost in a tragic boating accident at any time. You just never know.

Top Bottom