• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    I got some new neighbors about a month or two ago. The first thing the guy did was to change the white lights of his outdoor garage lights to be red. This is a single guy, as far as I have seen, and I've notice once or twice a car pull up out front. The driver get out, go over to the neighbors house, knock, be let in and then come back out within five minutes.

Is there something fishy going on here? Is there something I'm missing with the colored lights? Another neighbor has blue ones? Is it just odd tastes?

Thanks for your thoughts,

redneckmedic

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jan 20, 2009
    Greenfield
    I had some old neighbors that used red lights too, they didn't want the full lighting of white. I thought that was the point of lighting up your yard at night. Got me. I would welcome him to the neighborhood and ask him. Just put up some COLTS BLUE and ask him if he is a AZ Falcons fan.

ATF Consumer

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 23, 2008
    South Side Indy
    He could be working with sensitive film and is using red UV light so not to expose it...oh, that would only work if they were his indoor lights :D

Maybe he is running his very own little red light district :):

United

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Noblesville, IN
    Bees apparently can't see the color red....

Sounds odd man, i'd definitely kep an eye on the happenings over there.

There used to be a church along I-74 somewhere that had red lights..always creeped me out when I saw it. Dunno why...maybe, satan!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    This is a single guy, as far as I have seen, and I've notice once or twice a car pull up out front. The driver get out, go over to the neighbors house, knock, be let in and then come back out within five minutes.

Did the car have a sign on it that said "Dominoes" or "Wong's Chinese" or anything like that? :):

Dryden

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2009
    N.E. Indianapolis
    You live in a red-light-district.:dunno:

Light on = Drugs/sex for sale.
    Light off = Police in the area.

All those cars showing up after midnight are just ACORN personnel checking the status of their new paid-in-full Exotic Dancer members.

hoosiertriangle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2008
    Avon, IN
    The lights are set to light sensors, so they come on when it gets dark and go off when it becomes daylight. But you can still see the red bulbs in the sockets from the street.

You live in a red-light-district.:dunno:

Light on = Drugs/sex for sale.
    Light off = Police in the area.

All those cars showing up after midnight are just ACORN personnel checking the status of their new paid-in-full Exotic Dancer members.

RachelMarie

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2009
    My nieghbor has blue lights that are bright as crap and drive me bonkers.
    I don't think it means anything special...they are just odd.

The red lights over there wouldn't bother me, the traffic going in and out would be something to keep an eye on. Something is fishy there.

MACHINEGUN

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 16, 2008
    Du Mhan Yhu
    When I use to do armed security gigs the dope dealers would put bicycle tires on the roofs of all the safe houses.

I guess they thought they were being slick.

Remington1100

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 3, 2009
    Franklin
    The guy could very possibly be growing/selling weed, as i know that a red light is better for growing that sort of thing. I know this because my best friends aunt used to have a nursery and can tell you anything you want to know about growing anything.

public servant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    There used to be a church along I-74 somewhere that had red lights..always creeped me out when I saw it. Dunno why...maybe, satan!
    church_lady_1.jpg

Or maybe they just like red lights? :dunno:

NEWMAN

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2008
    Thats the Louisville cardinal! Games on the 19th. UofL and KYU. Sorry back on topic.

They are lights. You need a hobby.

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    The guy could very possibly be growing/selling weed, as i know that a red light is better for growing that sort of thing. I know this because my best friends aunt used to have a nursery and can tell you anything you want to know about growing anything.

Why would he have them on the outside of his garage?
    And metal halide are best although hps and mercury vapor work pretty well also. At least that's what I've heard.:dunno:

I'm guessing more like something along these lines
    YouTube - The Police - Roxanne: Relaid Audio

Although five minutes does sound a bit quick.:n00b:
    Or he could just like them.

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    I have seen both blue and reds here and there spread out. I always wondered what the different color light is for.

One plus side does seem to be that the illumination does not seem to reach neighbor's houses...

paddling_man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Jul 17, 2008
    Fishers
    I've known lots of folks with red on one side (port) and green on the other (starboard.) I assume they're firefighters or maritime folk.

I'm torn between maintaining a safe-environment in my neighborhood (kids/home values/etc) and the prevailing attitude of the rural South that says, "Mind your own business." It's a hard line to find and one we each find individually. I know I'm one with issues when folks are too curious about my habits.

Paddling-NoRedLightsOnHisGarage-Man

Top Bottom