• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mike trible

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Had my right knee cleaned out three years ago, just had my left knee cleaned out on Christmas eve. You will walk slow for a while, it will be tender to the touch for a month or so, just remember , " Vicodin is your friend ". The sooner you start to get it moving again the easier it is. As far as being put under, I apparently get silly every time I have went under for surgery, I just never remember it. Of course, the little woman does, but she usually is laughing her azz off when she l tells me what I did. Doc told me some people can be very entertaining when they are put under.

PMR

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 28, 2013
    NWI, Cedar Lake
    I had both knees done, right one about 10 years ago tore the ACL 98%, didn't get it repaired just had the knee cleaned. Everything went fine and it still feels good today, just a little unstable with sideway stress.

Left knee 2.5 years ago, that one just a scope/cleaning, that one not as smooth. I had a really hard time lifting my leg for about 3 days. I think the tourniquet may have been to tight or not in the best area, during surgery. I was vomiting on the way home from the anesthetic.

My advice, take a bucket just incase and do your rehab and you will be just fine.

Good luck, Pat

shunsley

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 29, 2012
    Indy
    Praying for you. I've had several friend had both knees done. They all said they wished they would have had it done sooner

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Haven't heard anything bad from you all, thanks for all the kind thoughts.. They will call Fri. sometime to tell me when to be there on Mon. .... Thx again everyone for the prayers.... INGO rocks !

halfmileharry

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    South of Indy
    I had both knees done, right one about 10 years ago tore the ACL 98%, didn't get it repaired just had the knee cleaned. Everything went fine and it still feels good today, just a little unstable with sideway stress.

Left knee 2.5 years ago, that one just a scope/cleaning, that one not as smooth. I had a really hard time lifting my leg for about 3 days. I think the tourniquet may have been to tight or not in the best area, during surgery. I was vomiting on the way home from the anesthetic.

My advice, take a bucket just incase and do your rehab and you will be just fine.

Good luck, Pat
    I prefer gallon zip lock baggies instead of the bucket. Easier disposal. I've been cut on so many times I've got a travel bag set up for them. No Joke.

orangeITguy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 15, 2014
    The Heart
    A little nervous about Knee surgery, have never had a broken bone or any surgery EVER ! Now I have to have a scope on my knee and get it cleaned out, I go Mon. to have it done and starting to get nervous about it... I guess Im more nervous about being put out then anything... Will update how it goes if I make it thru it.... ;)

Dont be too nervous. I had my knee scoped twice in the past, once from a HS wrestling accident and another when i fell off a roof. It REALLY sucks afterwards. The pain for the first few days is going to suck. Good luck tough.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Well they called yesterday and I got to be there at 11:00am for prep and surgery is at 12:00 go to recovery by 1:00pm then come home... So I guess its all set up, the bad part is my knee feels good now but I think its just me wanting to not go get it done... Kind of mind over matter thing I think... lol, going anyway its got to get done, so will report back when I get home if I make it thru it ???... Will say a prayer before I go in, so it will all be in the good lords hands after that... Still nervous tho.

Guyinwarsaw

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2013
    near warsaw
    I had knee surgery back in 1973. I was 16 and in the hospital for a week. Several weeks of re-hab after that. Gotta love HS football. It's all measured in hours and days now. You'll be fine.

Slawburger

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 26, 2012
    Almost Southern IN
    Knee surgery has come a long way from when my friends had it performed. It is now two little holes and outpatient surgery. Sports have probably helped refine the process. You should be fine if you follow the physical therapy instructions afterward. Good luck!

rhinoabe

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2008
    Jennings Co.
    I will say a prayer but you will not need it. Everything will be alight. Keep it on ice tonight and take your meds as ordered and I will be looking for you tonight tomorrow.

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Update : Made it thru surgery all went well had a torn meniscus and some crap in there too, they said I will be a new man got it all cleaned up and they were happy with the out come so if there happy I am too... The last thing I remember was looking at the light and then waking up.... Not near as bad as I was thinking, been hobble'n around without crutches a little just to the bathroom and back... So thanks for all the prayers and kind thoughts from everyone... Can't wait to heal up and get back after them yotes... lol, Thx again all !!!!!

Dean C.

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 25, 2013
    Westfield
    I am only 20 and have had 2 knee surgeries on the same knee. My suggestions are as follows, walk as little as possible in the next few days to not mash up your freshly fixed knee. Go on Netflix and watch a TV series that looks interesting i suggest Marco Polo, Californication, House of Cards and The Blacklist they are all very good if Netflix is your thing. If not just peruse INGO some. And most importantly do exactly what your physical therapist tells you to when they tell you to do it.

The next few weeks wont be very fun but the outcomes are totally worth it as stated above. Hope everything goes well and here is to a speedy recovery!!!

yote hunter

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Indiana
    Went to the Doc. Fri. and got the stiches removed and cleared to return back to work this coming Mon... Surgery went very well no more pain, so I am happy it worked out... Thx for every ones support and kind thoughts... Thx again.

chipdog4

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Great to hear.

I had a knee scope in late Nov of 13. They cleaned out some cartilage and released a tendon.
    I was out of work for 6 weeks and wish I would have taken a couple more off. I think this was due to me favoring my other knee for quite a while.
    Anyway, after 2 or 3 weeks, it felt better than it had for a couple years prior.
    Back in Dec last year, I was carrying something heavy and I could feel my knee not liking it. Now my knee is bothering me again, damn loose cartilage.

Top Bottom