Netflix is the Devil, and Roku its minion!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    I finally joined the 21[SUP]st[/SUP] century. Late January My GF and I found a great deal on a modest 42" flat screen TV, my first. Up until then I had a 32" tube set.

Last week I had internet installed. That’s right, until last week snorko’s home was a luddite paradise - no cable, no internet, etc.

Saturday afternoon Fed-Ex dropped off the new Roku box.

Got NOTHING done this weekend, unless you count bathing (once) and watching the entire first season of "Orange is the new Black" as well as selected Dr. Who and West Wing episodes. I always liked binge watching over waiting each week for the next episode and now I don’t even have to go to the library.

I spent half an hour just thinking of movies and tv shows then searching for them. If you ever saw the "Portlandia" episode called "One More Episode" you have an idea of my future life. Time to burn through BSG again, maybe a weekend marathon mash up of Firefly and Deep Space Nine. What’s that? 18 seasons of classic Dr. Who available? Don’t mind if I do.

snorko

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    364   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    Evansville, IN
    Well, if you like West Wing, I think you will really like House of Cards on Netflix.

I am in the process of deciding if I want to watch the British version first (3 seasons) or the American. For shows like "Being Human" and "Shameless" I typically prefer the import to the remake.

tonyb71

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 14, 2014
    So. Indiana
    Orange is the New Black is great. Can't wait for season 2. Another great series to watch is Lost. After you get about 5 to 6 episodes in you will be hooked. It's one of my all time favorite shows.

findingZzero

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 16, 2012
    N WIndy
    Welcome Snorko to the multicolored, hi def, bright version of the dark side. Let us synchronize the growing of our paunches post football season....

Top Bottom