• ...and so much more!
  • eric001

Vaguely well-known member
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 3, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Legislated insanity is still insanity.

I don't question parenting skills of those who are responsible enough to protect themselves and their family. I do question the intelligence and agenda of those who get such "feel-good" laws passed in the first place. If anything, I think THEIR parents failed utterly.

BogWalker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Knowing some of the asshats who are approved to be foster parents this is absolutely ridiculous.

Mark 1911

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Schererville, IN
    This is ludicrous. It should be a crime. Do we have a constitution or don't we? I would really like to see mandatory felony convictions and jail time for legislators who would arbitrarily deny / revoke the rights of law abiding citizens.

Hickory

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 5, 2008
    Gibson county
    Some friends of ours went thru the process to be foster parents in Kentucky. First interview, any guns in the house, you will not be considered if you own any guns.
    Hickory

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    We looked in to being foster parents in Indiana. They said you would pass home inspection as long as they were locked away from where kids could get to them. Nothing about 'guns in house, no pass' was said. We never went forward with it...so not for sure. I do know one couple that has foster kids that we're friends with. I know she at least owns a 22....now whether its in her house or a relative since they have the foster kids...I dunno. Knowing her husband...I'm guessing its in the house.

eldirector

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 29, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    Several friends have been both foster parents and adopted parents. All were well armed. Even took the kids to the range. No issues. Indiana hasn't completely lost its marbles.

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Indiana hasn't completely lost its marbles.

Agreed. If you've always lived in Indiana and don't have family/friends living out of state, you might not realize how bad it actually is elsewhere. A lot has been achieved in Indiana over the last few decades. It's been slow, but we've increased personal freedom on a number of different fronts. We still need to get rid of the ban on shortbarreled shotguns (almost there!) and take care of some other issues (Sunday sales), but we've gained ground on concealed and open carry, fireworks, switchblades, and hunting with suppressors. We're moving in the right direction and we need to stay active and keep the momentum up - we ARE winning the long war.

longbow

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    south central IN
    Not an issue when we were foster parents. We stopped when we lost faith in the prosecutor for the county. We had the kids of one of the richest families in the state and the back door crap between all the lawyers and parents was insane.

i won't say anymore, and we enjoyed it. I think we cared for 19 kids from one night to 12 months. I remember freaking out several neighbors when I showed the pictures of drug dealers and parents of one of the kids we watched. I told them to call 911 and dispatch for the county was aware of our situation if the parents showed up.

The others fun thing we learned was shaking a tail when leaving the family meeting. We had a magnetic cover for our license plate. That got me pulled over one time but nothing happened when I showed papers for the kids and dropped the right names. See first paragraph.

maverick18

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 1, 2013
    Clinton County
    We went through the foster process in Tippecanoe county a few years ago and you should have seen the look on the guy's face doing the interview process (Chris iirc) when he asked about firearms in the home. He couldn't even fathom the fact that I was carrying the whole time we were doing the interview and the home invasion (inspection) process.
    *stammering*"uh, I'm going to have to, um, check with my boss about your guns"
    If I wanted to be approved to foster kids in Tippecanoe county, all guns had to be unloaded and locked in a safe, with ammunition locked in a separate location. I pushed his boss until he agreed that I was allowed to carry, loaded, and then lock my EDC in my bedside safe when not on my person. I would have refused, but when your family member screws up royally and their kids are put into the foster system, you do what you have to do.

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    I think it would surprise a lot of people the stunts that are performed by judges and other social do gooders. Get in a custody battle, and you are at their mercy. Which do you want, your guns or your kids? You can't have both if the judge says so.

Top Bottom