• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I've been back and forth over whether or not to get a bow or a new shotgun, since I've only got a single action 20g at home.

So today I went in and took the money I had down on a new Hoyt and came home with a new Remington 870 Express combo. :D

Went with the shotgun since I spent all last season bow hunting and didn't take the boys out but once. Now we can get out and hunt together.... plus I wanted a shotty for HD.

Stock image for now:

870_exp_combo[1].jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Excellent!

Now all you need to do is get a +2 extension for the magazine...

(Be sure to drill out the dimples that hold the follower in place)

Then drive to KS&E on Pendleton Pike and buy some of the Centurion 2" 00 buckshot.

Hard to beat 9+1 of 00Buck!!!

-J-

ProZack

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    I'm having trouble finding a 12ga in my area. Where did you pick yours up and how much was it?

WHRJeff

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 7, 2009
    South Bend
    Nice shotgun! You picked up the combo. Can you help me understand why the two different barrels? They both look the same to me. Is one a slug barrel and the other a smooth bore with chokes? I'm curious and don't know much about the slug barrels or dual barrel package shotguns.

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    Nice shotgun! You picked up the combo. Can you help me understand why the two different barrels? They both look the same to me. Is one a slug barrel and the other a smooth bore with chokes? I'm curious and don't know much about the slug barrels or dual barrel package shotguns.

dual package shotguns usually includes a field barrel and a slug barrel.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    I'm having trouble finding a 12ga in my area. Where did you pick yours up and how much was it?

Think it was like $509 at the Outdoorsman in Greenwood. I believe I took the one 12g that came in and I think they said they had a 20g in as well.

Decided to support my fav local bow shop instead of going the Gander/Dicks route.

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

yup

26-inch vent rib barrel with Modified Rem™ Choke tube (birds,squirrels,rabbits,etc)

20-inch fully rifled, rear- sighted deer barrel

Top Bottom