• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • awilson82

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    Just read on another thread Brandis had/has some instock. I think its a cool idea but They are kinda ugly. I love AR15s but I dont know why everyhting has to look like one latey.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa...................a Glock .45 version?

And caliber modular?

When it is ugly, and a person owns mags for both calibers, the platform can look like a shovel as far as I am concerned.

Mark, are these any good?

JR Carbine Products

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I agree, and the idea works for me. I would love a 9mm carbine companion that can take my Glock mags. I just wish it wasn't blowback operated and could take +P rounds.

[FONT=Verdana, Geneva, sans-serif]Q: Can I shoot Plus-P (+P) ammunition in my JR Carbine?[/FONT]
    It should not be a problem for you to use Plus-P ammo in your JR Carbine. We initially prohibited Plus-P ammunition because the JR Carbine is a direct blowback weapon with a non-locking bolt. The added power of Plus-P ammunition caused a significant increase in gas discharge through the ejection port without giving any ballistic advantage over conventionally charged cartridges. We were concerned that the higher power ammunition could cause the bolt to move rearward too soon in the firing sequence, before the chamber pressure had dropped sufficiently, thereby prematurely exposing the case wall and causing potentially dangerous case failures.

We have subsequently modified our bolt design and significantly increased the weight of our proprietary buttstock buffer. As a result the bolt stays in battery for a longer period, directing more of the combustion gases into the barrel and out of the muzzle. Plus-P ammunition may or may not provide a significant increase in performance at this point, but it should not cause any problems. We will be modifying our manual to remove the Plus-P ammo prohibition in future printings

But no 10mm coming
    http://www.justrightcarbines.com/FAQs.html

.356luger

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 25, 2010
    martinsville
    Fondled the one at braids the other day kind of reminds me of a mossberg 500 kind of rattle in the magwell with 32rd mag. Seems pretty solid function wise just from visual inspection. The chamber seems a little unfinished not bad but just some machine marks left. I do like them though.

Ljungman

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Lake Superior
    Have played with one of these and i wasnt all that impressed. It was a fun little gun dont take me wrong...but it looked terrible IMHO. It functioned like it should, was as accurate as a little 9mm carbine should be...it just left me feeling it was a scaled down...toy. I didnt care for it..but dont let me stop you from buying one. I would rather purchase a 9mm vector or other carbine.

Top Bottom