• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    After a lot of research and comparing I ended up settling on the CW9 for my new carry gun/pocket gun. (I was interested in the TP9 but PSS didn't have one in and it cost too much anyway).

I took a bunch of photos to compare sizes to my other guns. I already have a kel tec pf9 but i don't like it and will be getting rid of it soon so i needed a new gun to fill the role. I've read a lot of people say they are nice to shoot which really caught my attention because the pf9 most certainly is not fun to shoot.

The Kahr is about a quarter inch longer then the pf9 and a quarter inch taller, i have rather large hands with skinny fingers, the pf9 was always a squish and felt like it was jumping out of my hands. The Kahr fits much better, it feels more secure in my hand and i can get all my fingers on it. As a lefty it is difficult to depress the mag release, its gonna take more practice. The slide fits tight with the frame, the quality all appears very good. It has a solid metal guide rod. The slide serrations are a bit harsh on the fingers. Trigger feels smooth, a bit shorter than the pf9's trigger pull, it has a clear breaking point. Overall the gun fits better, looks better, and has a bit more weight too it, its exactly what i wanted. I hope to get some 8 round extended mags in the future.

Now for pics! Lots and lots of pics!:rockwoot::ar15::nailbite:

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    You're gonna pocket carry a CW-9?

You must have huge pockets!

Congrats on the purchase. Now, go out and buy several more magazines. Yes, they cost too much for what they are. That part sucks. But you definitely need more than 1!

-J-

indysims

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   1
    Aug 31, 2011
    I have to agree with Indy_Guy_77 it's too big for pocket carry but a great IWB gun. I put the pierce grip extender on mine and the Handall Jr. Makes it a VERY comfortable gun in my hand for a day at the range.

vxtip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    West of somewhere
    I bought a second 7 round mag while i was there but i still need a holster. Sadly just got a new car and have some other expenses to go with that so im not sure when i'll get to shoot it; i dont have much 9mm right now :(:(

i've pocket carried the pf9 before, big BDU pockets and side pockets ;D

mettle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Nov 15, 2008
    central southern IN
    After a lot of research and comparing I ended up settling on the CW9 for my new carry gun/pocket gun. (I was interested in the TP9 but PSS didn't have one in and it cost too much anyway).

I took a bunch of photos to compare sizes to my other guns. I already have a kel tec pf9 but i don't like it and will be getting rid of it soon so i needed a new gun to fill the role. I've read a lot of people say they are nice to shoot which really caught my attention because the pf9 most certainly is not fun to shoot.

The Kahr is about a quarter inch longer then the pf9 and a quarter inch taller, i have rather large hands with skinny fingers, the pf9 was always a squish and felt like it was jumping out of my hands. The Kahr fits much better, it feels more secure in my hand and i can get all my fingers on it. As a lefty it is difficult to depress the mag release, its gonna take more practice. The slide fits tight with the frame, the quality all appears very good. It has a solid metal guide rod. The slide serrations are a bit harsh on the fingers. Trigger feels smooth, a bit shorter than the pf9's trigger pull, it has a clear breaking point. Overall the gun fits better, looks better, and has a bit more weight too it, its exactly what i wanted. I hope to get some 8 round extended mags in the future.

Now for pics! Lots and lots of pics!:rockwoot::ar15::nailbite:

Buy a Raven holster for it and carry it normal. I either carry my CW9, or a G19, depending on clothing and destination.
    I've never ever had one issue with my CW9 other than a rusted mag release. Apparently, when you EDC it during the summer, salts from body sweat corrode the metal. :): Kahr replaced it for free.

Great pistol, plastic sights though. Broke my front sight when I dropped the pistol one day.
    OH YEAH! The trigger becomes dream like after 400 ish rounds, smooth and easy!

bman1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 15, 2010
    Huntington, Indiana
    I have to agree with Indy_Guy_77 it's too big for pocket carry but a great IWB gun. I put the pierce grip extender on mine and the Handall Jr. Makes it a VERY comfortable gun in my hand for a day at the range.

I also did this with my CW40 and it makes it feel perfect in my hand. I love the Kahr CW's for carry and mine does not miss a beat at the range either.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    jstan
    Top Bottom