• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MoparMan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Recently picked this up from a buddy in a trade. I know its not like the original's but i still thought it was a good additon.

Now i got to do some more research on them and look for some stick mags.

Any Thompson lovers out there?

IMG_0119.jpg

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    Had one of those back in the 80s but sold it. Fun to shoot but heavy and it was picky about ammo. Only liked round nosed 230s.

redneck919

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 13, 2009
    southside
    i picked up some stick magazines from sportsmans guide for $20 i think.just had to open up the hole in the back of the mag so they could lock up.never had any issues with them.

Dawall

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 15, 2010
    Lake County
    I owned the Pistol model A-5. When the drum is emptied, You have to hold the bolt back in one hand, depress the mag release with the second hand and then with your third hand slide the drum out. ( Mine was tight ). All this and a gun that jams makes a day at the range unsatisfying. "Generic" Thompsons look great but majority of them fail to cycle. Use the stick mags for ease of shooting and the drum for looks. I sold mine!

herby31

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 8, 2010
    fort wayne
    even though it's not milsurp, does that still fire from the open bolt? and isn't the thompson blowback operated? i'm just curious how those two characteristics affect accuracy, but i guess that's just the dork in me. i realize you don't buy a thompson for competitive shooting. i can't afford a thompson, but if i could i'd have one...so cool.

Top Bottom