• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    About 2 weeks ago my awesome wife gave me an early anniversary/ Christmas present. She gave me the go ahead to get another dog. We had to put our beloved boxer mix of 14 years Roxy down over a year ago due to cancer. I've been wanting to get another for some time but she wanted a break. My son and his then girlfriend adopted him from the shelter back in May. They broke up and he got the dog. That is until he started dating another girl. LOL. The ex found out, and of spite, demanded the dog. It was all in her name. We had fell in love with him from the start. She had to get rid of him and we jumped at the chance.

So everyone meet Raptor. As far as we can tell, we think he's a American Stafford-shire Bull Terrier mix. The Vet thinks maybe 100%. I've always been prejudice against Pitbulls. I was very wrong. He's a sweetheart.
    eu0cc2.jpg

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Thanks for kind words. They do get a bad rep. I admit I was one that was prejudice against them. But, I'm a convert. He's changed a couple people's mind towards Pit-bulls. He's just a big 62 pound lap dog. It's all on how they're raised. He's going to be spoiled rotten.

indygunguy

Expert
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    110   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    NE Side of Indy
    Congrats on a great looking new pup. We adopted a pit puppy about a year ago (who looks just like Raptor) and he is the sweetest, most fun-loving, knuckleheaded dog I've ever had.

kobra

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 25, 2008
    Must be the breed. Rap is a sweet, fun loving, knucklehead too. LOL. The only thing I would change is his name. The shelter named him. I've been calling him Rat Turd or Crapper because his had a few accidents.

gungirl65

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2011
    Richmond
    He's gorgeous. Is he blue? I have a red pittie mix girl. She wouldn't hurt anyone. I never even knew what a pit bull was until my niece adopted her. I had been helping to raise her for a couple months before my niece told me she was a pit mix. By that time I already loved her and I knew all the bad PR was due to idiot owners and not the breed.

I've had her full time for over a year now. She's part of the family and the cats all love her. Even though she weighs around 50 lbs and is the largest of my dogs, she takes up the least amount of space at night when she sleeps with me.

Congratulations, pits are great dogs and make wonderful pets.

nsolimini

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    Ellettsville
    Well the ol' lady gave me the we need another dog speech... So yesterday I got to looking at some rescues... We pick this little guy up Friday or Saturday.
    IN581.24778180-1-x.jpg

Top Bottom