• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Well went to a yard sale today after work an seen this ol girl sittin off to the side. Picked it up and gave it a look over and after noticing it was covered in cosmo, Noticed that i belive its a Mauser, not sure as to what kind. While I was looking at it this old woman walks over an says this box of stuff comes with it also. The box is full of bandoleers a cleaning kit and bayonet. I was grining ear to ear at that point she said she would take 150 for all of it, I told her all I had on me was 125 she said take she was tired of looking at the damn thing:rockwoot:

Only markings I found on it are As Fa
    ANK ARA
    K.KALE

033-1.jpg

031.jpg

032-1.jpg

Hotwired

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 15, 2011
    I despise you!!! I must have went to 20 sales yesterday and found nothing useful, unless you use stuffed animals as targets. no camping stuff, no useful tools, no clothes that fit. and you find that at such a low price, GRRRRR. Tell us how it shoots.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    I despise you!!! I must have went to 20 sales yesterday and found nothing useful, unless you use stuffed animals as targets. no camping stuff, no useful tools, no clothes that fit. and you find that at such a low price, GRRRRR. Tell us how it shoots.

Belive me I went to enough without finding any thing of value, most stuff wasnt even worth throwing away. Just luck of the draw, will post range report as soon as I get her to the range

Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Oct 3, 2008
    On a hill in Perry C
    Nice grab! Real good price, too! Do the serials match on your new Turk? What's the condition of the bore? Turks may not be the best looking Mausers but they're very well built, and tend to be accurate if the bore is in good condition. Also the Turk 8mm ammo tends to be a little on the hot side, but from what I've shot its good stuff.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Nice grab! Real good price, too! Do the serials match on your new Turk? What's the condition of the bore? Turks may not be the best looking Mausers but they're very well built, and tend to be accurate if the bore is in good condition. Also the Turk 8mm ammo tends to be a little on the hot side, but from what I've shot its good stuff.

Thanks, All match except the bolt:( cant have evrything I guess,lol. Bore is excellent, nice and crisp. Yea I already had about 750rds of Turk 8mm so I got about 1400rds of it now,lol. Its my favorite round for the Mauser, very accurate, but yes t hey are hot I can only shoot about 20 at a time before I have to take a break. Unless Im useing the limbsaver:D

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Started the clean-up today. Stock re-finsh and de cosom all metal parts. Got the the stock in a trash bag in the back glass of the car. Going to leave it in there for a bit. Should help to draw the rest of the cosmo out. Cant wait to get it finished.

Top Bottom