• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Well, I finally got my first (and the way things are going, probably my last) AR-15. My experience with the AR family is limited to "my" M-16A1 from the Army.
    I never had the chance to even fire one again until last year when my Son-in-law bought the Smith & Wesson AR, the one without the dust cover and forward assist.
    I found that I still "had it" when I was able to consistantly hit the small steel at 100 yards.
    I found out though that I didn't care for the carbine length so I started looking at 20" weapons.
    So, I was able to combine what I had saved up with a little reluctant help from the wife and got an entry level AR. I got the Olympic Arms Plinker Plus 20.
    It has an A1 upper (non interchangeable rear site unfortunately) with A2 stock, handgrip and hand guard. I'd eventually like to find some A1 furniture for it.
    I know that this is not the greatest AR out there, but I think it will be all I need and I'm really happy to have found it before everything got so crazy.

LEaSH

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Aug 10, 2009
    Indianapolis
    You know something? I bet it's a fine AR. I bet that it will be as nice as any at twice the price.

Know something else? The prices are going to come down again. You'll be able to add things on it or upgrade to another style in due time. Just wait a few months.

colts1982

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Kokomo
    i bought a oly k3b-m4-a3-tc about a year ago and love it i know that at one time they had some issues with there lowers due to going to cast. There issues are long gone and i know there are better higher dollar ar's out there but for 1000 bucks i would put it up with anything in the same price range...yes even a colt!!! i served 3 years as a infantryman and did a year in iraq i have fired thousands of rounds from the current colt m-4 and just not as aw struck with the colts as some people not saying there junk just sayin there not the end all be all enjoy your oly man!!

indyjohn

PATRIOT
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Dec 26, 2010
    In the trees
    I know that this is not the greatest AR out there, but I think it will be all I need and I'm really happy to have found it before everything got so crazy.

I think you've come full circle. Now it is YOUR AR. Like Nazgul said - shoot it and have fun. They are nifty weapons, I really enjoy them.

:yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway:

EvilKidsMeal

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2010
    Highland
    I haven't gotten one yet, but the way it sounds right now just having one at any level is better than not at all. Shoot, enjoy and be happy.

Don't panic buy. Just keep an eye out. Just last night i ordered a stripped PSA 20" upper w/ A2 profile, hammer forged barrel, for $445 shipped. The price went up a little since last time i saw them in stock, but that's only because PSA is gaining incredible popularity and is always sold out. Great thing about PSA is they don't allow back orders, they only sell what they have. So i didn't get a promise, I got the upper i wanted. Be patient, and check your preferred sites, there is hope for ARs.

Last edited:

Mark-DuCo

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2012
    Ferdinand
    I think you made a fine decision. I have the Oly Plinker Plus Flatop with an optional 16 inch stainless barrel and I haven't had a problem yet.

FMJ

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2012
    Fort Waste
    **** on what the fan boys tell ya! Its YOURS, shoot the snot out of it and enjoy!

Congrats and the new boom stick!

n9iui

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Thanks everyone for the great positive replies. I still haven't fired the AR yet, with the weather and all. I'm looking forward to it!

KJQ6945

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 5, 2012
    Texas
    Thanks everyone for the great positive replies. I still haven't fired the AR yet, with the weather and all. I'm looking forward to it!

Take it down to Beech Grove Firearms. You can shoot inside, get any assistance you need, and probably meet some INGO members. Congrats on your purchase!

JeepCrasher

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2011
    well being that we haven't seen a picture of it I think you're making the whole story up

remember pictures or it didn't happen

Top Bottom