• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxcoen

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2009
    North Side
    OK just getting started on my emergency supply stock pile. Is there a good shopping list out there for this? Some I have found are very daunting.

My plan is equipment and food to survive 3 months of the grid. Thanks

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Here is an eBook I made that can help you out.
    https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...ness/12040-shtf_tornando_lessons_learned.html

Also email me and I can send you a WORD file that someone gave me that gets you started on food planning for $10 a week. The instructions show you how spending $10 a week for 4 week can get you the basics for 1 month. After 4 weeks you either start at week 1 again or begin to add variety to what you have.

PS.
    You said you found some very daunting. Take baby steps and focus on these 3 areas.
    1) Weapon system
    2) Water
    3) Food

1) Get yourself a rifle/SG and handgun AND also the gear to support those weapons.
    a) ammo
    b) extra mags
    c) extra parts
    d) cleaning suplies
    e) vest/ammo bag etc.
    f) holsters/slings

Just cause you have a GLOCK (for example) with 2 mags and 1 box of ammo does not mean you are ready. What if you have to move? How you going to carry your hadgun and i's stuff and all your other stuuf? Think of your handgun/rifle/SG as a weapon system. Don't go getting multiple handguns until you get your 1st one into a complete weapon system.

As for water. Remember any container in an emergency can be used for water storage. However if you are thinking long term storage get the blue food grade plastic type containes that come in 6, 15, 30, and 55 gal.

Last edited:

DHolder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 25, 2009
    Mooresville - MSG2 Hub
    We started by just adding a couple of cans of this and a bag of that. It has been suggested that you put up the things you would normaly eat. We have jars of peanut butter, jelly, honey, salt, Spam, just add water bisquit mix, beans, rice, etc. These things are rotated into our pantry as they approach their expiration date. The most important thing is to do it.

Richard

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Yea I agree w/DHolder you should buy stuff you'd normally eat, but that has a long shelf life.

Just add a couple of extra things to your pantry when ever you go grocery shopping, and save your 2 liter &/or water bottles - wash them out real good (a little bleach to sterilize them) and refill them with tap water, then store them in a cool dark place.

Next up should be first aid kits, make sure you have at least one "big household one" and a couple of smaller ones to go in vehicles and packs and stuff.

Fire extingusers, make sure you have at least big household one and having a couple smaller ones stashed here and there wouldn't hurt.

Weapons, a reliable handgun (and a LTCH) and a good rifle or shotgun, plenty of ammunition and accessories like holsters, slings, etc.

At least one good fixed blade knife & at least one good folding knive, if you do any fishing or plan too get a good fillet knife too.

Winter gear, boots, gloves parka, etc be prepared for a scenario where it's -14 degrees & you have to carry your child while hiking 13 miles through the snow to get to the nearest clinic.

A chainsaw, a couple of cans of gasoline & a file w/guide to keep it's teeth sharp, along with a couple of handsaws, preferably a 30"+ bow saw & a smaller folding camp saw.

Flashlights out the kazoo along with lots and lots of batteries, but make sure at least one of them is a quality cranklight (freeplay makes good ones).

NOAA weather radio, preferably a crank one - Eaton makes a good one, I use mine almost every day to listen to Rush.

That's all I got for now, its like 2:15 am so my brain is starting to get mushy, I am sure some others will chime in with some more stuff for you to think about though.

Anyway glad to see that more & more folks are starting to take interest in being prepared for the worst, because the more folks who are prepped for a disaster - the less zombies we'll have to deal with in the aftermath of one.

Pamcake

Don't Tread On Me
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2009
    Franklin
    You might want to check out Emergency Essentials online. Best storage foods pricing & shipping (free if you get the monthly special) combination I have found. My husband & I have been customers of theirs since 1997. They have informational pages & links, too.

Top Bottom