• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INPatriot

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    God's Country
    What has been the SOP for individuals that are submitting the paperwork for the registry and then getting denied? Or is that something that comes to a head after the 5/31 checkpoint?

Magyars

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Delaware County Freehold

Paul30

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 16, 2012
    Since it is a "pistol" brace, I posted here in the pistol forum. I can't see why anyone would want to make people with heavier pistols to be less accurate. Better accuracy means you are less likely to miss your attacker and shoot an innocent bystander. Hopefully it will result in SCOTUS ruling all SBR are normal firearms too and get rid of having a special status in the NFA rather than being a normal pistol or rifle.

Last edited:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Since it is a "pistol" brace, I posted here in the pistol forum. I can't see why anyone would want to make people with heavier pistols to be less accurate. Better accuracy means you are less likely to miss your attacker and shoot an innocent bystander. Hopefully it will result in SCOTUS ruling all SBR are normal firearms too and get ride of having a special status in the NFA rather than being a normal pistol or rifle.

Already being discussed here (in the more recent posts)...

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    Just an advice of caution. READ the injunction carefully it appears to me it only covers the original Litigants and not EVERYONE

If I misread it by all means polite input welcomed!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    You are not incorrect.
    This. It is a VERY specific ruling, and rather bizarre IMHO. Why not EVERYONE? Or at least everyone within the same circuit.

Imagine a different scenario, such as the movie The Purge: (Plot: one day a year bad people are legally allowed to rampage and kill)

"The court hereby protects your two households from harm, and prevents the Ragers from kicking in your doors and torturing and executing your families. However, those not party to the suit may still be assaulted and killed. They are not protected from harm as a part of this ruling. "

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    This. It is a VERY specific ruling, and rather bizarre IMHO. Why not EVERYONE? Or at least everyone within the same circuit.

Imagine a different scenario, such as the movie The Purge: (Plot: one day a year bad people are legally allowed to rampage and kill)

"The court hereby protects your two households from harm, and prevents the Ragers from kicking in your doors and torturing and executing your families. However, those not party to the suit may still be assaulted and killed. They are not protected from harm as a part of this ruling. "
    Especially when one of the parties is a manufacturer of braces, as I understand? How does that work. They can continue to produce, etc but just can't really sell the product?

Top Bottom