• Accept this Border Plan?

• Total voters

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    McCain and Kyl have created a new Border plan. To me it looks like it throws a lot of money away uselessly and does not appear to make any cuts from anywhere else. Financially we are totally screwed and this won't help. It will only hasten our demise.

Call me cynical, but I think the ONLY way to solve the "immigration problem" is to solve the underlying problems that make breaking the law a worthwhile venture. Entitlements, overcomplicated immigration policies, a profitable drug war that encourages smugglers. These must end, or immigrants will always find a way into the country.

Address the CAUSE, not the EFFECT.

I will not be impressed with more outrageous spending programs, surveillance drones buzzing overhead, Federal checkpoints on my streets, and prison walls surrounding my country.

The way things are going, those walls are going to be preventing Americans from ESCAPING.

McCain, Kyl offer new bill on border

• Deploy no fewer than 6,000 National Guard to the U.S./ Mexico border at a total cost of $6 million.
    Huh? Simple arithmetic tells me that $1,000 per man is going to dry up pretty fast.

• Deploy 5,000 additional Border Patrol agents to the border and add hardship pay for agents stationed in rural, high trafficked areas. Provide funding for 500 more customs inspectors for the border. Total cost: $1.5 billion over five years.
    Taxpayers are going to need some hardship compensation before too much longer.

• Increase funding for Operation Streamline, which requires that every person caught crossing the border illegally be charged with a federal crime. The cases are then fast tracked through the federal court system. First time offenders are usually convicted of a misdemeanor and spend 6 months in prison before being deported. Repeat offenders are punished by up to 20 years in prison before being deported. Total cost: $250 million over five years.
    20 years in prison, that's just what our over-crowded and over-spent prison system needs.

• Increase funding for the Southwest Border Prosecutors Initiative, a program that reimburses state and local governments in Arizona, California, New Mexico and Texas for the cost of prosecuting federally initiated drug cases involving the border. Total cost: $250 million for five years.
    More money pissed into the War on Drugs. We can afford it, right?

• Increase funding for Operation Stonegarden. The program provides funding for 13 border states to pay for more personnel, overtime, travel and other border security related costs. Total cost: $500 million for five years.
    13 border states? Oh right, to stop the Canadian invasion. LOL

• Replace outdated fencing with double-layered fencing at needed locations along the border. Total cost: $250 million for five years.
    We can model it after the Berlin Wall.

• Increase the number of mobile, unmanned and other surveillance systems along the border. Total cost: $335 million for fiscal year 2012.
    Unmanned surveillance = Predator drones. Another militarized front-line emerges. Surely they'll be roving inland the same as the roadside checkpoints do.

• Provide funding for radios and communications equipment that can be used by Border Patrol, Customs and state, local and tribal governments. Total cost: $35 million.
    I've never been terribly thrilled with the Federalis partnering with local departments, or the Federal dispersal of tax-dollars to local departments.

• Provide funding for additional Border Patrol stations. Create an additional Border Patrol sector in Arizona and create six additional Border Patrol Forward Operating Bases and upgrade existing bases. Total cost: $20 million.
    • Complete construction of a permanent checkpoint in Arizona and deploy roving checkpoints and increase horse patrols in the Tucson sector. Total cost: $30 million.
    More Federal checkpoints for U.S. citizens. My favorite.​

seanamus

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    or 3 strikes and you're shot in the head, or we could just catch them once, and ill do it for free as long as you provide basic cable tv, a nice rifle, plenty O' ammo, an air conditioner, and a nice meal. I will let you guys decide if it is purple or not :)

Top Bottom