• ...and so much more!
  • samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I put this in the NFA section because ultimatly it will end up being an SBR
    I am building an clone HK51k pistol, i am starting with a bare PTR .308 reciever, on 1 side of the reciever it hase the letters PTR & thier scorpion logo. I want to tig weld over this scorpion logo & the PTR letters grind it down smooth it off & have it restamped HK51k.
    My question is ..... is there any state law prohibiting me from removing these markings off my reciever ?
    I will not be altering the serial # in any way !!

i will post picks of the parts before i send them to the smith :ar15:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I think you can take the logo off but the mfg has to stay from what I understand

This is the side i want to remove the markings, it just says PTR-91 & has the logo !!!!!
    SANY2055.jpg

the other side has
    PTR-91 INC
    Farmington CT
    U.S.A.
    .308 cal

so i would just be removing a (out of 2) model # & the logo, is this a state No No ????? federally i thought i could remove all but the serial #
    thanks for any and all help

sp3worker

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    federally i thought i could remove all but the serial #

That's what I thought. I was thinking since you are the manufacturer of the gun on the F1 that you could weld over everything but the serial # and remark as you please. I could be wrong though.

On another note, why not go the HK51KB route? Can't beat a beltfed SBR. Then you'd have a really badass gun!!!:rockwoot:

http://usera.imagecave.com/Nohair2/51kb.jpg

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    Model MUST STAY as well... thats the way its logged into books... manufacturer model and serial number.... things is MUST say to be legit would be the manufacturer WITH their city and state PTR-91 and serial number...

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    Model MUST STAY as well... thats the way its logged into books... manufacturer model and serial number.... things is MUST say to be legit would be the manufacturer WITH their city and state PTR-91 and serial number...
    Then i think i should be OK , here is the info on the left side of reciever
    PTR-91 INC = manufacturer
    Farmington CT= city & state
    U.S.A.
    .308 cal
    serial # is on top of reciever, i guess i could restamp PTR-91 under were it says .308 cal , or remove the .308 cal & stamp the PTR-91 were the .308 cal was ???? :dunno: .............
    Hmmmmmm :n00b:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    That's what I thought. I was thinking since you are the manufacturer of the gun on the F1 that you could weld over everything but the serial # and remark as you please. I could be wrong though.

On another note, why not go the HK51KB route? Can't beat a beltfed SBR. Then you'd have a really badass gun!!!:rockwoot:

http://usera.imagecave.com/Nohair2/51kb.jpg

Ya, im familiar with Nohair... he has some badass toys.....
    Have you priced one of those feed ramp mechanisms ? Those are basically feed ramps for the HK 21 series rifles !!!! They go for about $2500 for just the feed ramp mech !!!!!!!!!!!!!! if its the swing down type...
    I just ordered a 50 round .308 drum for my 51s, so it will be 50 rounds cool :D
    Im gonna wait on the belt feds till i do my HK 21 SBR :dunno::ar15:

samot

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2009
    Your mamas house
    I appriciate everyones input.
    However, i am recieving some conflicting info..... Ive had 3 SOTs tell me federally, i can remove everything but the serial # :dunno:
    Wish a definative answer was easier than this. :n00b: :n00b:

chuckp

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 22, 2009
    Central IN
    There are different rules reguarding Title I firearms and Title II firearms. Look under Markings in both sets of regulations.

Chuck

Top Bottom