• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    With all the new 9mm subcompact pistols just out or coming soon from Kimber, Sig, Ruger and Kahr which one do you get the most excited about? I think the new Kahr CM9 looks like very promising. I guess the question is should we buy into the marketing tactics or stay with battle tested pistols which have been out for many years?

mbaza3

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    42   0   0
    Nov 21, 2009
    Arizona
    I was thinking a model like the Kahr CM9 might have less risk associated it with since it is a variation on the CW9 and PM9. Having said that, the Ruger LCP .380 was a copy of the Kel-Tec.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I was thinking a model like the Kahr CM9 might have less risk associated it with since it is a variation on the CW9 and PM9. Having said that, the Ruger LCP .380 was a copy of the Kel-Tec.

I agree with this.

The new Kahr will use the SAME frame & internals as the PM9. The differences will be mostly cosmetic. Nothing mechanically different.

If I were in the market, I'd not take the Ruger until well after the inevitable recall.

The Sig? Looks like a smaller P250 with a few slight internal mods. I didn't have any issues with the P250 2SUM I owned for a bit, there are evidently plenty of people who did have troubles. That'd make me leery, at least initially, of the Sig, too.

Put me in the camp of "wait until things are out for a while before buying", no matter the maker.

-J-

JohnP82

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 2, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Why wait when you can get a Glock 26 or 27 now, proven and carried by thousands every day.:rockwoot:

:D^^^:+1:

Of the ones you listed though I agree the Kahr will probably be the most reliable right away for reasons already listed. I am sure all of the other models listed will be great guns too, just may have a few initial problems with the first releases.

T_V

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 2, 2009
    Good info. I am looking for a smaller carry firearm. The Kahr is looking better and better.

Colonel D

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 24, 2011
    Indy
    With all the new 9mm subcompact pistols just out or coming soon from Kimber, Sig, Ruger and Kahr which one do you get the most excited about? I think the new Kahr CM9 looks like very promising. I guess the question is should we buy into the marketing tactics or stay with battle tested pistols which have been out for many years?

I get more excited about the 9mm Rohrbaugh R9s Stealth. I picked up this one two weeks ago. :yesway: Smallest on the market.

Rohrbauch Firearms

rohr004_jpg_w560h579.jpg

Squib

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Actually, there are a few differences with the CW9; which would be my choice. The CW does not have the polygonal barrel and the plastic front sight is not adjustable. However, I consider these to be minor differences and it is anexcellent pistol for the money.

Bud's is blowing them out the door right now for $366, and that includes shipping. Hard to go wrong on that deal.

Top Bottom