• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • saintnick81

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 29, 2012
    Bedford
    I have decided that for Christmas/Birthday I want to treat myself to a new EDC knife. I currently carry a Kershaw Scallion. Looking to spend $100-$150 and would like something bigger than I currently Carry. I have a few things that I like but would like some opinions on these and some others that you all like. Could be convinced to spend more, maybe $200, if it is really worth it. I know very little about knives/steel. The scallion was a wedding gift from my wife 10 years ago. This current list is mostly based on what it pleasing to my eye.

Kershaw Launch 1, 5, 6
    Boker Plus Impetus, This is completely based on looks. I really like the blade on this.
    Ontario Carter Prime
    ZT 0350

Thanks.

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I think everyone should have a Benchmade Griptillian and a Spyderco Endura, both are kind of their flagship models. Of the 2, I personally prefer the Benchmade.
    The Kershaw Launch lineup is good to go, and you can't go wrong with anything Zero Tolerance. Not a huge fan of Boker or Ontario to be honest.

Best advice I could give is go to the next Indy 1500, find Brad (Brad's Knives and Knife Lady), and handle as much stuff as you can. You will definitely find something you like, and Brad is a great guy to buy from.

M67

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 15, 2011
    Southernish Indiana
    ZT 0556 (new ones have S35VN steel)
    ZT 0450
    ZT0450CF
    Spyderco Manix

The 0350 isn't a bad one either

I've never owned one but have heard great things about them, Reate, basically a midtech that's coming from China but using quality materials. They make some cool stuff

For a hair over $200 you can get into some of the Brous blades.

ZT makes great knives though

Depends too if you want a heavy duty tactical folder or maybe something more "dressy" and if you want to buy a new knife or a lightly used one

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    A REALLY good place to start looking is on bladeHQ. You can get a price on their, or an idea, and then message brad to see if his price is equal or better. 9/10 times it's better. You can do the $100-$250 dollar price range and look at other brands as well.

Benchmade Folding Knives with Free Shipping - Blade HQ

In your price "range" I would be leaning towards:

Benchmade Triage AXIS Lock Knife Orange G-10 (3.5" Black) 915BK-ORG - Blade HQ

I am partial to orange though....

Or I'd get a Spyderco manix and order some orange scales...

That being said, go to blade HQ's site. Enter the folding knives section, and search to your hearts desire. Don't order from them without contacting Brad though, I can almost guarantee he will beat their price.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    I'd think about what kind of steel you want. What type of lock, and opening system.

I like my ZT0350 a lot. And I do enjoy the assisted opening. But I tend to prefer manual better.

My favorite knife, and it's one that I carry all the time, is the Spyderco Paramilitary 2. I think it's the best bang for the buck. It suits all my needs, and I've been tempted to buy another one from Brad as well.

jbombelli

ITG Certified
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 17, 2008
    Brownsburg, IN
    I've got a Benchmade 275. They're a little more than $150, but it's a tank of a knife. I don't like folding knives in general, but I carry and use this one all the time.

moosehead

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    I have a couple in daily rotation. The ZT0909 is used a majority of the time because it's a beast. The rest of the time it's the Spyderco Paramilitary 2.

whatever you decide on, I will second the advice to contact Bradsknives on here before putting money down on anything.
    questions to ask yourself.
    do I have a:
    steel preference?
    Country of origin preference?
    Lock preference? Liner, frame, other.
    opening preference? Manual, assisted, flipper, thumb stud
    Another question moose head hasn't even thought of.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    The Benchmade Volli fits right into your price point and is an excellent assisted open knife. Very smooth operation and I truly love the axis lock.

Benchmade Volli Knife Axis Spring Assisted (3.26" Satin) 1000001 - Blade HQ

I bought this knife from Brad. I love everything about it. At full retail it isn't too far outside OP's budget, but Brad often has some amazing prices. Definitely look him up, OP. He will have everything you're looking for, stuff you didn't know you would like, stuff you won't like, and stuff you wish you could afford. And he will help you through your selection.

danielocean03

Come in, Manacle Shark.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    Hamilton County
    I bought this knife from Brad. I love everything about it. At full retail it isn't too far outside OP's budget, but Brad often has some amazing prices. Definitely look him up, OP. He will have everything you're looking for, stuff you didn't know you would like, stuff you won't like, and stuff you wish you could afford. And he will help you through your selection.

:+1: Brad is good people and he will take good care of you for sure. His store: https://www.revolvertactical.com

gregr

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2016
    West-Central
    Wonderful knife here. Rugged, tough, functional...

https://www.amazon.com/Buck-Knives-Product-Category-Outdoor/dp/B00QXVHQLG/ref=sr_1_7?s=hunting-fishing&ie=UTF8&qid=1479742520&sr=1-7&keywords=buck+csar

[h=2]Product Description[/h] NAMED 2010 BEST OF THE BEST BY FIELD & STREAM! When a military operator is in the field, they need a heavy-duty, reliable knife that is easy to carry. The hard core TOPS/Buck CSAR-T folder features an 154CM stainless steel modified Tanto blade, and a tough, grooved Rocky Mountain Tread® G-10 handle for strength and a secure grip. This knife is easily opened with one hand and locks open using a liner lock. Adding versatility to the TOPS/Buck CSAR-T, the handle contains a hex driver for various tools. This knife will allow an operator to be prepared for any situation. Check out the compatible Hex Tool Set under Buck Stuff/Specialty. Made in the USA

Top Bottom