• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    Was just watching Fox News and they were talking about a whole slew of new laws being forced on us by the EPA. Not just gas mileage, but a lot to do around lead.

Did HE just figure out another way to keep us from getting/making ammo?

I'll be curious to see what comes out from the NRA and others as they dig in to all this...

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    not yet, as I said, they were talking about it on the news... but they are really attacking lead.

They said if someone who renovates something more than 20square feet and they don't have some "lead expert" approval, it could be a $35,000 fine....

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    The EPA is the new "IRS"... all-powerful, answers to no-one, feared by everyone.

What passes for modern-day "environmentalism" is a severe threat to our liberty.

I'll be interested in finding out more of that list.

bigdawgtrucks

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009
    not yet, as I said, they were talking about it on the news... but they are really attacking lead.

They said if someone who renovates something more than 20square feet and they don't have some "lead expert" approval, it could be a $35,000 fine....
    I was just certified. I think it was 2 sq. ft. for HUD or anything federally funded and 6 sq. ft. other wise. Certified renovator has to do the testing for lead, post signs, and be on sight for work being done. EPA rules are less strict on what is required then HUD (all OSHA rules would still apply). It was $50 for the class, $300 for your company to be certified, recertification every 5 years, and if your not certified its up to a $32,500 fine for everyday your still working on it. April 22, 2010 is the deadline for all of this.
    This just seems like another way for them generate money. I don't think they are really concerned for you, just as long as you can pay the fine.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    I wonder if Switzerland has these types of laws.

Switzerland - national sport is shooting stuff. No standing Army. All males between 18 and 64 required to have an automatic rifle in their home. Crime rate < 2%. Effective tax rate 5%. Weak federal government. Told the Muslims to pack their burkas and mosques and get out. Did I mention their national sport is shooting stuff?

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

Switzerland - national sport is shooting stuff. No standing Army. All males between 18 and 64 required to have an automatic rifle in their home. Crime rate < 2%. Effective tax rate 5%. Weak federal government. Told the Muslims to pack their burkas and mosques and get out. Did I mention their national sport is shooting stuff?

You're lying. Guns kill people and full auto is a weapon of mass destruction! :):

It would be so nice not to have the EPA. Seriously, they really serve no purpose. The things they do can be handled just as efficiently by the free market.

mwilson

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    franklin

when are we leaving.

bigdawgtrucks

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 17, 2009

Don't forget about the women.

miguel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 24, 2008
    16T

This reminds me of the funny forum post (whose URL I lost...) that said in Switzerland, any forum member (on *that* forum, not INGO) could show up for a small village shooting match in Switzerland and likely get their ass handed to them by some 14 year old girl who rode her bike to the shoot with her rifle over her shoulder.

That one always cracked me up!

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    Tinfoil hat stuff aside, lets not forget that lead isn't exactly good for you.

I don't think the government is compeltely genuine in all of its tactics, but I also don't think everything has a sinister motive.

Plus, I have to figure that there may actually be 2 or 3 people in DC that don't have their heads completely up their butts, that have realized that a) lead poisening is real, b) it can result from household items in many older homes, and c) people with lead poisening are going to cost the Gubment some $$$ once they are on the new Obama care plan.

You don't think that the government really wants to have to use the added tax revenue to spend on health care, do you? :)

jblomenberg16

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    67   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    I also heard that for the first time CO2 emissions in Autos was going to be regulated.
    Funny I thought the purpose of a catalytic converter was to covert harmful emissions into non harmful CO2.:n00b:

You are exactly right. The whole CO2 thing really doesn't make much sense except that to reduce CO2 emissions, you have to fundamentally reduce the amount of Carbon burned in combustion.

Not to totally thread jack, but from High School Chemistry, remember that basic combustion in an automobile engine (gasoline, nat. gas, diesel, etc.) in its most simple form is:

Hydrocarbon Fuel (CH) plus Oyxgen (O) = Water (H2O) + Carbon Dioxide (CO2). Yes, for those Chemistry Majors out there, I don't have a balanced equation, but I'm intending to be very basic in my explanation. :) In reality there is Nitrogen, and a whole bunch of other stuff on both sides of the equation, and that is a whole separate topic...

The only way to reduce CO2 is to reduce Carbon, which means less Hydrocarbon fuel. That either means better fuel economy, or it means using something other than a hydrocarbon fuel.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Getting rid of lead bullets has long been a goal of the EPA. Under Obama, they know they'll be able to do so.

The Usurper knows he cannot outright ban guns without a civil war. But he CAN ban the things we need to shoot them, go after manufacturers, suppliers, etc., and hope we don't really notice until it's too late.

Top Bottom