• ...and so much more!
  • Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    of all the colors in all the world

Seriously, in the entire pallete of colors, red to green, blue to yellow, orange to purple and every hue and shade in between they chose poop brown.... I'm not hating or anything but seriously...OD Green was more than sufficient for the "earthy tones" Glock fan. I could even understand a cammo pattern or two if your niche is earth tones. I'm so lost right now. :dunno:

sanmanjon

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2012
    they certainly are not traditional looking; but they are very interesting; like beretta did with the PX4 Storm

andfc

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 99.3%
    146   1   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Indianapolis
    This new "FDE" color looks pretty much the same as what they used to call OD (but really wasn't).

Very similar if the pictures do the new "FDE" justice, and I'd actually say the Glock OD is more like what I consider Flat Dark Earth than the new color.

Glock OD:
    Glock%2017%20OD.jpg

Normal FDE:
    lwrc_m6a3_fde_1.jpg

Glock FDE:
    G21-GEN4-FDE.jpg

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I can see it being better than the duracoat painted guns since if it gets scraped up that color will still be the same. On the other hand I just hopes this drives down the price of the regular black glocks. My 19 needs an older brother in the 17.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    On the other hand I just hopes this drives down the price of the regular black glocks. My 19 needs an older brother in the 17.

It won't. Once these hit actual retail the prices will be higher even if Lipseys is not selling them for a premium. I'm sure they are requiring the shops that buy from them to purchase a specific amount of other guns to even get the FDE's. The reward for the shop is they can mark up the FDE Glocks. The upside for Lipseys is they have an exclusive and can get shops to purchase other things for them in order to get these.

From the article:

"Lipsey’s tells me their pricing is staying the same, though what dealers do is up to market forces. They said they approached Glock and ordered between 6000-8000 of each of the nine models. That’s a lot of pistols and should earn them a good while on whatever exclusivity agreement they worked out with Glock."

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    It won't. Once these hit actual retail the prices will be higher even if Lipseys is not selling them for a premium. I'm sure they are requiring the shops that buy from them to purchase a specific amount of other guns to even get the FDE's.

Nope. Price on the FDE guns is no different from the standard models in the same generation, and there is no required "buy in" on the dealer end. We just got our first batch in on Thursday...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom