• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Nope. Price on the FDE guns is no different from the standard models in the same generation, and there is no required "buy in" on the dealer end. We just got our first batch in on Thursday...

Interesting. So, I have to ask, what is in it for Lipseys? If they commissioned a special run from Glock, I'd expect they would have to commit to purchase a certain number of them in order to make it feasible.

I had understood that there was no premium charged for them, but had already seen folks on other forums talking about seeing them going for more than the standard prices in shops, etc.

Any idea on how many are being made?

Mark, a quick off topic question, when Talo commissions a run of guns with a little difference like a different set of sights, does Glock put the different sights on at the factory, or does Talo take possession and then put the sights on and then distribute them?

SixSigmaLarry

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   1
    Jan 3, 2010
    NE Indiana
    I think they look pretty good. I have only one OD colored Glock. I think another colored Glock would mix it up my collection!

If anyone knows of a dealer near Fort Wayne that has them for a REASONABLE price, hit me me!

Thanks!

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    I have to ask, what is in it for Lipseys?

More sales volume and name recognition.

If they commissioned a special run from Glock, I'd expect they would have to commit to purchase a certain number of them in order to make it feasible.

That's generally how it works.

had already seen folks on other forums talking about seeing them going for more than the standard prices in shops, etc.

Capitalism at its best. Witness the $1400+ KSG-12. :rolleyes:

Any idea on how many are being made?

Not enough! We only got a few guns out of this run and when I called my Lipseys rep the other day to inquire about ordering more, she said the first run was already sold out, and there likely won't be another one until fall. :( NOW watch what happens to those prices on Gunbroker and the like...

when Talo commissions a run of guns with a little difference like a different set of sights, does Glock put the different sights on at the factory, or does Talo take possession and then put the sights on and then distribute them?

Depends on the individual gun in question. For instance, the TALO Rugers are built that way by Ruger, but the EXO Glocks were sold to TALO as stock guns with the knowledge they would then be sent to FailZero (now WMD) to have the nickel boron finish applied (thus they still carry a factory warranty through Glock). Not sure who installs the Ameriglo sights on the TALO night-sighted Glocks.

HTH!

Top Bottom