• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • thompal

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 27, 2008
    Beech Grove

That must be a mobile thing. I have nothing that looks remotely like that.

One odd thing is that your message (and message box) was less than a screen wide, but as I type a reply the window keeps getting wider (until it finally got full-width). I've never seen anything quite like that.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Sadly, that looks like it might be hard-coded into the software and cannot be user changed. Just doing some random sniffing around, that seems to be the single biggest complaint about this software. It appears there is an add-on that management may be able to add for that, but, I ain't management. ;)

FWIW, I never moved off of the defaults before so this is all old hat to me. On desktop, with my previous default settings as my guiding light, this is basically 90% the same. This upgrade is also the reason I seldom will ever customize any software. I don't want to re-customize when the next update comes along.
    Yeah. But it’s been years since INGO last updated. Will probably be years until it updates again. Might as well make it work like you want it to work in the meantime. The only thing I’ve customized is the notifications. I get enough spam.

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    Looks like some of the issues may be related to which browser you're using, so when reporting issues it may be helpful to note which browser and on what platform. Some people have mentioned that they don't see the "change width" or "toggle sidebar" at the bottom. It's not showing up when I'm viewing with Mobile Safari on iPhone, but when using desktop version with Firefox on OS X, it's there.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    Okay, I missed that you were referring to the header on each post... and I responded referencing the page header :rolleyes:

I actually agree that the post formatting burns space unnecessarily... I'm not familiar w/ XenForo, but it should be tweakable. That said, it wouldn't surprise me if doing so would require custom changes; i.e. it's not just a config setting in the core, though there _may_ be a plugin/add-on out there...

Well, I just discovered the "toggle sidebar" option at the bottom of the page. That helps alot since it expands the width of the posing area reducing the clutter and the vertical space of posts..

Now, why are all the formatting controls in a reply all greyed out? i.e. If I highlight some text, shouldn't I be able to click "B" for bold?

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Now, why are all the formatting controls in a reply all greyed out? i.e. If I highlight some text, shouldn't I be able to click "B" for bold?
    Not disabled, they're just not "selected" yet.
    Highlight text & click on the button, you'll get what you want (though I don't see a difference between un-/bold text)

The "Toggle sidebar" in the footer (this is javascript/jQuery event) & 90% zoom makes a world of difference in readability.

Last edited:

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    I lost my button on mobile that takes me to the last post I read in a thread.
    If you have read the thread previously clicking/tapping on the title takes you to the first unread message. Also, there is a button at the top of the thread "jump to new".

If you are in desktop mode clicking on the date the thread was started takes you to the first message. Clicking on the date of the last post takes you to that post. These dates aren't visible in mobile mode.

Super Bee

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Nov 2, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Well, I just discovered the "toggle sidebar" option at the bottom of the page. That helps alot since it expands the width of the posing area reducing the clutter and the vertical space of posts..

Thank you for pointing that out. That does help out quite a bit.

marvin02

Don't Panic
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Jun 20, 2019
    Calumet Twp.
    You can bookmark individual posts. This could be useful for saving a link to anything you want to reference quickly. The book marks are accessed by tapping in your avatar at the top of the page.

Attachments

• bookmark post.jpg
      bookmark post.jpg
      62 KB · Views: 2

Timjoebillybob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 27, 2009
    Now that is an odd thing to find. lol
    Well, I've been told I'm an odd thing so...

I was going through and old thread and saw someone I hadn't seen in a while and that they were a shooter. I went to check and see if I could tell why.

Top Bottom