• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • fg12351

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 12, 2008
    Fishers
    The wife and I have decided that the 2x hand me down grill that is falling apart on our deck needs to be replaced.

Looking at a Weber Spirit E-310 or a Charbroil infrared. Any recommendations? Weber's are more money but I've read some reviews that the Chairbroil's start rusting after a year or so and a Weber well is a Weber.

I appreciate any input.

Thanks,

FG12351

rocked

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 3, 2009
    Fishers
    I just purchased the Weber Genisis and have used it a few times already and I wish I had bought this grill 5 years ago. It is better than any of the last 5 gas grills I have owned combined. I can't screw up on this grill and have told my wife it almost not fair, it feels like I'm cheating. I love my new Webber!!!!

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    I user a Weber charcoal. No gas here. Weber products are awesome. Mine has been blown over hit with a trailer and stayed outside for the last six years and still has very little rust.

Ogre

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Indianapolis
    I got a brinkman that I thought would last, but the thing that went to heck first was all the hardware. Every peice of hardware and fastener rusted immediately.... as far as I am concerned, a good quality gas grill can't be bought....like everything else they are all chinese junk made to be disposable.

EvilElmo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 11, 2009
    Dearborn Co.
    I just bought the same Weber you're looking at about a month ago. I too looked at the CharBroil but chose the Weber for the quality. It's an excellent grill.

Angie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 8, 2010
    Owen county
    Go Weber all the way!! We have had our Weber grill for 15 years. The orginal ignitor still works.We have replaced the bars several times and a new grate twice. Thats a pretty good return on the $500 we paid. We have the charcoal weber also.

Benny

Grandmaster
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    May 20, 2008
    Drinking your milkshake

I can understand the convenience aspect of a gas grill, but not taste or time...The taste has 10x the flavor and if you are in a rush to eat, light the coals while you are preparing the food and they'll be done before the food is ready to be cooked...Not to mention charcoal grills are substantially cheaper.

OK, I'm done here. I know you didn't ask for opinions on charcoal grills, sorry for the thread jack.:D

Phil502

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Sep 4, 2008
    NW Indiana
    Funny you should post this. Last weekend my Char-broil gas grill pretty much had the guys break apart with rust. The grill body is fine, just the burners and stuff has fell apart. It lasted 7 years outside all the time with a cover on, we used it a lot and even in the winter so I think I got my moneys worth. It looks like it would take about 100 dollars to replace everything in it that is ruined, a new one of the same costs mabe 70 dollars more. Maybe it's time to check out a Weber Genesis.

baldguy637

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Apr 28, 2009
    Montgomery County
    I just purchased the Weber Genisis and have used it a few times already and I wish I had bought this grill 5 years ago. It is better than any of the last 5 gas grills I have owned combined. I can't screw up on this grill and have told my wife it almost not fair, it feels like I'm cheating. I love my new Webber!!!!

I have a Weber Genesis also. We've had it for about ten years now, no problems. Even I can cook something on it and have it be edible.

:+1: Bought a Genisis Gold four years ago, it's been the best grill i've ever owned! Well woth the price!

Top Bottom