• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I managed to get a brand new, unfired Glock 23 Gen3 in OD Green. I am very tempted to keep it, and I may. But, I don't have much of a need for it right now. I have seen the cost of these on Gunbroker once or twice going for stupid money. In this era of $600+ new Glocks, what do you think its worth? Does the discontinued and slightly rare color add substantial value?

(Yes, I know its worth what someone is willing to pay, but I would like your opinion in actual $)

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    600 Plus for a Glock is for people who dont have the time or knowledge to shop around. The local gun shop down the street had them on the shelf last week when I was in there and they were 489. To me Glock (and I LOVE em) is a tool. Discontinued colors wouldnt effect the price that much. I think most gun dealers would agree. However, that being said, get what you can for it and take advantage of the buying frenzy.
    I never thought I would get 20.00 each for 30 round used 223 mags either, but I did.

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    Whats crazy is a new OD Green Glock 19 sold on gunbroker a few days ago for $786 + shipping and CC fees. My jaw dropped.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    I was of the impression that Glock has never made an OD green colored frame gun, only Flat Dark Earth. Value it at around around $450, give or take $25. And the poster below is correct, it is now a used gun, like new and unfired.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”-Thomas Jefferson

Gunbroker frenzy prices are LAME. Taking advantage of the panic is also LAME.

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama

ZX-14R

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I was of the impression that Glock has never made an OD green colored frame gun, only Flat Dark Earth. Value it at around around $450, give or take $25. And the poster below is correct, it is now a used gun, like new and unfired.

Laws that forbid the carrying of arms...disarm only those who are neither inclined nor determined to commit crimes... Such laws make things worse for the assaulted and better for the assailants; they serve rather to encourage than to prevent homicides, for an unarmed man may be attacked with greater confidence than an armed man.”-Thomas Jefferson

"If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun.” - Dalai Lama

Um, yes. Glock has made OD Green frame guns. Says it right on the label. Discontinued in '10 or '11 I believe.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    Um, yes. Glock has made OD Green frame guns. Says it right on the label. Discontinued in '10 or '11 I believe.

Well. Color me OD Green then...

odc88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2012
    If you put it on gunbroker, I would say you could get in the 700 - 800 range. I have heard rumors that one of the big distributors ordered a batch of new OD green Glocks, like Lipsey's is doing with the FDE ones. So if you are looking to sale it, might do it soon.

Manatee

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jul 18, 2011
    Indiana
    It is not a "used gun". There really is no difference between a dealer's stock and your gun. They are both "uncirculated".

As a dealer, I would probably value an OD gun at $50 over the retail price of the black gun based on rarity.

What's a OD Glock worth today? I would say yours is worth $550 in normal times.

mdmayo

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Feb 4, 2013
    Madison County
    It is not a "used gun". There really is no difference between a dealer's stock and your gun. They are both "uncirculated".

Whether or not it is a "used gun" depends on it's sales history. If the gun has been through dealer to dealer transactions only it is considered to be "new" or new in box (NIB). If it has been through non-dealer transactions it is considered to be "used" or like new in box (LNIB). Not that I, or any other rational person, care 'cause it is "new" to us. Likewise, a sealed collectible coin that you or I purchase as "uncirculated" remains as such, but is not considered "new" after the first non-dealer purchase. Them's just the rules of commerce, whether it be a coin, coffee maker, or a firearm.

RA8

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 8, 2009
    Carmel
    If it is the same color as my OD green glock 23, I'll buy it. Not joking.
    vydz28o.jpg

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    Alll these people saying under $500 don't have a clue. You won't have a problem getting $600 or more locally, and you've seen the prices online. When the OD guns were in production the prices were similar to normal black Glocks...not so much now.:twocents:

Top Bottom