• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    Ordered some new sights for my Glock 17 today. Ameriglo CAP sights.

I will try to write up a little review once they come in and I get them on the gun.

picture.php

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    Well, they arrived today, but the tritium vial in the front sight was dead on arrival....:ugh:

Put a call in to Ameriglo, and their operator forwarded me to another number where I got voicemail. I left a message and will try again tommorrow.

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    Got a hold of someone today. They are sending me out a new one and a return label for the defective one, won't cost me a dime.

The trick is to call the number on the shipping receipt, it connects you to the person that completed your order. Calling their generic phone number on their website, not so much. I should have figured that out right away...

KW12

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Northside Indy
    Talking about Glock sights... I'm new to all this, and wanna get a G17. The gunshop people told me I could get adjustable sights special order, but it would take forever to get and I probably don't need them.

Would much appreciate any advice here.

TomN

'tis but a flesh wound!
    Rating - 100%
    62   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Elkhart
    Talking about Glock sights... I'm new to all this, and wanna get a G17. The gunshop people told me I could get adjustable sights special order, but it would take forever to get and I probably don't need them.

I'm assuming you're looking to get adjustable sights for competition shooting. If it were me I'd get the G34. It already has adjustable sights on it, plus it's a little better set up for competition.

If you're looking at the G17 as a carry gun, I would suggest to stay away from adjustable sights as they are generally more fragile than fixed sights. Although I'm sure someone will be around to offer a differing viewpoint. :)

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I'm assuming you're looking to get adjustable sights for competition shooting. If it were me I'd get the G34. It already has adjustable sights on it, plus it's a little better set up for competition.

If you're looking at the G17 as a carry gun, I would suggest to stay away from adjustable sights as they are generally more fragile than fixed sights. Although I'm sure someone will be around to offer a differing viewpoint. :)

+1, for carry or general shooting fun/training stock with a night sight like Trijicon or Meprolights. Or the Ameriglo's or XS big dots if you like a noticible front sight and a blacked out rear. Two out of my 3 Glock's have night sights, I think with my G17 I am going to get the Ameriglo Hackathorn sights. :D

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ

The adjustable Glock brand sights can be purchased online for $19.99 at most places if for some reason you end up wanting them.

Glock Adjustable Rear Sight - Natchez Shooters Supplies

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    Just an update. I got the replacement front sight today. Ameriglo did not include the ARS label they said they would, so I hope they don't want the first one back. The tritium on this one glows, but in my opinion it is really dim. I don't currently have another gun with night sights to compare it to, but I seem to remember previous ones glowing much brighter than this.

I guess I'll decide whether or not to install them tonight. I'm beginning to wonder if Ameriglo is getting Trijicon's old stock of tritium vials.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    Same sights in yellow just came with my new Gen 3 Glock 23 Talo.

I did not do a lot of research on the sights, but they are interesting. I checked them out in the dark, and I'll need to get used to the rear sight not having tritium inserts.

I'll be giving them a go on the range soon.

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    Same sights in yellow just came with my new Gen 3 Glock 23 Talo.

I did not do a lot of research on the sights, but they are interesting. I checked them out in the dark, and I'll need to get used to the rear sight not having tritium inserts.

I'll be giving them a go on the range soon.

How bright is your front tritium vial? The first one came to me dead, the second seems pretty dim. I really can't decide whether to send them back again or not.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    How bright is your front tritium vial? The first one came to me dead, the second seems pretty dim. I really can't decide whether to send them back again or not.

I just compared the front sight on the 23 to my Glock 27 that I bought 1.5 years ago with the Trijicon factory night sights with the lights out in the basement and I'd say it was equal in brightness.

I had not done a lot of research on these sights before I picked up the gun. I think they will be better than 3 dot sights in day light. I'm just not sure I like the blacked out rear sight in the dark, as there is not a reference point for alignment. I could see potentially replacing the rear sight at some point. I did not realize (but should have) that the rear sight was not self luminous. According to this article ( pistol-training.com » Blog Archive » Glock 17 gen4 Endurance Test: Week 34 ) the rear line is luminous on the yellow sights for a short period after having been exposed to light, which would not do me much good.

I'm not sure I like 3 dot night sights (all the same color) either, due to potential issues referencing how the dots are aligned.

Ideally I would think night sights with front and rear being self illuminating, but with different colors, etc would be ideal for low light/dark.

Top Bottom